The Die Hard brand name don't mean ****.

I had to put a battery in my jeep on my first day at a new job in 2007. Something from oreileys. Still in the jeep. I'm not sure what it is, but every winter I've been expecting it to crap out but it's still going

I had a battery from Sam's, Duracell I think. Died while still under the 3 year warranty. They used to just swap them out, no questions asked. When this one died they said they were no longer allowed to swap them until they had personally attempted a charge on the big rolling charger. Of course that didn't work, I already tried the big rolling charger at home but they wouldn't take my word for it. Wasted an hour for them to tell me it wouldn't take a charge and they swapped it out.

Most all the parts made overseas. DOSENT matter which store.
You're right on that one. Less than two years ago I bought new wheel bearings for the front of the wife's 2910 Soul. One had went bad so of course I got both sides replaced and it was no easy job. So I got a set from Advance for $20.00 a side and took them to my mechanic. He promptly showed me how much play or slop the new bearings had right out of the box . Then he said he wouldn't install them. So I went back to Advance and swapped them out for SKB brand which were literally twice as much. Less than six months later they were roaring and grinding worse than the ones we replaced. So this year I had to pay another garage to do the same job again. But they ordered new hub assemblies from the Kia dealer.

I bought one of Napa’s best batteries a couple years ago for the Hummer, close enough to $200 just to go with that for a price, a month later the weather did one of its things like it does up here and went from 50 degrees when I drove home from work to 5 degrees over night, the new battery froze and did its best imitation of a basket ball. I had a hell of a time getting it out of the truck. Took it back to Napa and the kid behind the desk tells me it froze, no **** Sherlock. Then proceeds to tell me since it froze there is no warranty. Did the Karen thing and talked to the manager and got nowhere other than they would still take it as a core. I’ve been using Napa parts since my first car, and will never buy another from them again.

You have to know how to work the system, I get a NEW battery every year for FREE I have not bought a battery in over 12 years.
I do the same thing if I catch it in time. lol all batteries now seem to give up in about 2 years. Only ones that have lasted are some dry exide that I bought acid filled and charged myself.

I’ve never had a battery last longer than a Bosch… who really makes em I have no idea but the couple I had over the years lasted what seemed like forever. The problem now like literally EVERYTHING is engineered obsolescence. Anode and cathode material is alloyed differently than it once was with more impurities plus it’s physically thinner than it used to be causing it to warp and short much faster! These companies know exactly what they are doing keeping you on that consumerism titty!

Back
Top Bottom