• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The first to respond isn't necessarily the best qualified to buy

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Q:

How many times do you see a GREAT deal on the trader, respond quickly, only to have the seller respond: "Sorry, someone just messaged me before you and wants to come see it next weekend." OR "he gets paid in two weeks and is coming then" --- and it's Monday morning.

Though you have CASH IN HAND, off of work/etc., and ready to come get it right then and there. In my humble opinion, if a buyer is not available fairly quickly to come check out/buy the item, would do sellers feel the need that since he responded first, he gets first option at it a week later? (Sidebar: I understand if the buyer needs a few hours, a day or two, but many cases I have experienced it was been a WEEK OR MORE).

Next thing I know, a week or two later I get a message from the seller saying, well the first guy never showed; his wife said no; he doesn't have the money; and the BEST "I can't get back in touch with him". By this time a few things have happened:
1). I forgot what the heck he was selling
2). My schedule isn't open like it was before
3). I'm already ticked off I didn't get the thing and now i'm not as motivated to try it again

This has happened AT LEAST a half dozen times to me on this forum.

Thanks for listening. I'm ready for the a-hole responses from some snarky folks on here, but would LOVE to hear more productive comments like your experience on some "unique" people on here. :)

Your mileage may vary. :)

Q:

How many times do you see a GREAT deal on the trader, respond quickly, only to have the seller respond: "Sorry, someone just messaged me before you and wants to come see it next weekend." OR "he gets paid in two weeks and is coming then" --- and it's Monday morning.

Though you have CASH IN HAND, off of work/etc., and ready to come get it right then and there. In my humble opinion, if a buyer is not available fairly quickly to come check out/buy the item, would do sellers feel the need that since he responded first, he gets first option at it a week later? (Sidebar: I understand if the buyer needs a few hours, a day or two, but many cases I have experienced it was been a WEEK OR MORE).

Next thing I know, a week or two later I get a message from the seller saying, well the first guy never showed; his wife said no; he doesn't have the money; and the BEST "I can't get back in touch with him". By this time a few things have happened:
1). I forgot what the heck he was selling
2). My schedule isn't open like it was before
3). I'm already ticked off I didn't get the thing and now i'm not as motivated to try it again

This has happened AT LEAST a half dozen times to me on this forum.

Thanks for listening. I'm ready for the a-hole responses from some snarky folks on here, but would LOVE to hear more productive comments like your experience on some "unique" people on here. :)

Your mileage may vary. :)
Cash talks BULL **** WALKS was what I was told as a child & still goes as far as I have noticed !!!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I've had those sellers. I also heard back from the same sellers asking if I was still interested in the item. By then my cash was spent on something else.
EXACTLY.....!!! I don't get it.
It has happened on here with a Boat, a 4 wheeler, a side by side, and a vehicle. ALL BIG TICKET ITEMS, not some hi-point nonsense.

When i sell an item, if the respondent says “i will get paid Wednesday” i usually tell them if i have it wed i will be glad to sell it to them.

If i respond to an ad, i have cash and am ready to walk out the door.

When i make a deal with someone via PM, i keep that deal no matter what/who “bids” ......this was never suppose to be a bid site anyway from my understanding. People that make an agreement then back out because another comes up with more money deserve a neg.

I've had a couple of "could you hold it" requests, always tell 'em PM me when money's in hand and they're ready to meet and see if it's still available.

*** my best story, though not from this forum, but related to outdoor stuff.

Two years ago, Farmhouse and Land next to our hunting club goes up for sale. I jump on it and speak to the owner. He tells me that he already had someone from another hunting club offer to buy the property, but in six months from now.
me: WHAT??? Why not now???
him: Well, he doesn't have the money.
me: Well shiiiiettttt man, I have the money and can prove it. I'm ready to buy it now. I don't even need an inspection, i'm willing to buy it right here, right now and close within 2 weeks upon clear title, etc.
him: I can't sell it to you because I already made a deal with him.
me: did he leave you a earnest money (what's that?), a deposit.
him: no he did not.
(six months later passes by).
him: Well he said he cannot buy it now.
me: Why not?
him: I am not sure, he wouldn't say
me: I know why, his broke ass didn't get the money and/or doesn't have the money. Well, i'm ready to buy it
him: well, we changed our mind and are probably going to keep it now because we may move back down here one day
me: WTF

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!
Besides ignorant sellers, what are these buyers thinking? Their broke azz pipe dreams. Either you have the money or you don't. Stop wasting people's time. Morons.

Back
Top Bottom