• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

I always dread changing strings, but I like the results.

Have you ever tried the D'Addario EXP's? They are also coated and I use them exclusively on my guitars with mahogany back and sides. I use Elixir nanos on my Taylor and Gibson AJ rosewood, but the D'Addarios have won me over on my mahogany boxes. They sound fantastic.

I had Southeastern Guitar do a couple of setups for me last year and they put those EXPs on them......not bad sound at all. They did seem to go flat quicker than the Elixers. Still pretty stocked on my nana-webs for now but I do intend to buy some.

I had Southeastern Guitar do a couple of setups for me last year and they put those EXPs on them......not bad sound at all. They did seem to go flat quicker than the Elixers. Still pretty stocked on my nana-webs for now but I do intend to buy some.

Yep, you are exactly right. The D'Addarios lose their flavor faster than Elixirs. I still use them on certain bluegrass cannons because of their sound...Even when they are dull they sound blissful, only with slightly less volume. Lol...And again, I only use them with my hog guitars.

I had never heard of SE guitar (I don't think) until you mentioned them, so I looked them up. Seems like they are very legit..And much needed these days. I am no luthier, but I do set up my guitars and can usually do pretty fair...Still, I have bookmarked them in my email.

Man I'm glad you are still pickin', AC. This thread would have died a long time ago if not for a handful of us. I have guitars for days. I need to post more of them, and some vids as well.

Yep, you are exactly right. The D'Addarios lose their flavor faster than Elixirs. I still use them on certain bluegrass cannons because of their sound...Even when they are dull they sound blissful, only with slightly less volume. Lol...And again, I only use them with my hog guitars.

I had never heard of SE guitar (I don't think) until you mentioned them, so I looked them up. Seems like they are very legit..And much needed these days. I am no luthier, but I do set up my guitars and can usually do pretty fair...Still, I have bookmarked them in my email.

Man I'm glad you are still pickin'. This thread would have died a long time ago if not for a handful of us. I have guitars for days. I need to post more of them, and some vids as well.

The Martin factory referred me to Southeast Guitar Repair back during the beginning of covid. I had an old 70’s model D-18 that needed a very tricky repair and they weren’t taking in any work.

Turns out that SE does authorized factory work for Martin, Taylor, Fender, and several others makers. I liked their work so much that I took a few more there for setup and I also had them do a custom bone bridge and saddle for me. They post some cool video snippets on Instagram of stuff they’re working on. Ask for Mindy.....she’s a hoot :)

FC2628BF-2EA9-4589-B0C8-3D4F962FFAE1.png

Reactions: MRH
The Martin factory referred me to Southeast Guitar Repair back during the beginning of covid. I had an old 70’s model D-18 that needed a very tricky repair and they weren’t taking in any work.

Turns out that SE does authorized factory work for Martin, Taylor, Fender, and several others makers. I liked their work so much that I took a few more there for setup and I also had them do a custom bone bridge and saddle for me. They post some cool video snippets on Instagram of stuff they’re working on. Ask for Mindy.....she’s a hoot :)

View attachment 3221603

That's really cool. I love the D-18. IMO, it should be the standard all others are judged by...imo

It's a privilege to have competent luthiers around...

Not to rub it in (ha!), but the masterworks series from Alvarez come with bone nuts and saddles, straight from the factory..One piece necks, all solid wood, herringbone inlays, etc, all high end appointments...The only problem is they are imports, which sucks, but man they are good...Same with the Yairi Alvarez line...They are great. Blueridge guitars are also ridiculous for the price...but again, they are friggin imports...And they are named "Blueridge"! Lol

20210420_111147.jpg
Heres the Strat I put together .

Its a frankie ,but it plays nice and holds tune like a boss ;)
WD licensed Fender Rosewood 22 fret neck .
12" radius.
Medium jumbo frets.
American Standard tuners.
Fender MIM Player Strat pickups ,pots & switch.
Fender MIM Standard Strat big block bridge.
Its floated (2 springs & no cover) and has the Trem arm cut like Gilmour.
Body is a Squier SE 3 tone burst. Full thickness. With Dunlop Straplocks.
Fender Mint pickguard.

View attachment 3220223Heres my Tele i put together a couple years back.
Very nice Squier CV thinline neck with locking tuners .
Alder Butterscotch blonde body . All Gotoh hardware.
Fender Vintage 64 pickups.
Very nice player ;)
Nice looking Tele! I'd like to build one like that and make it a 5 string Keef open G Stones rocker w/ 5 pole pick-ups.

This is part of my herd (heard). '60s Teiscos, '72 Harmony, '80 Strat, '58 Gibby LG0, '60s Kustom bass and guitar amps, Vox hybrid amp, Ibanez TS amp, Crate acoustic amp, Loar Mandolin, Yamaha 12 string, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation, Banjo that my friends dad built and I finished, and more..View attachment 3246192 View attachment 3246195 View attachment 3246196 View attachment 3246199 View attachment 3246201 View attachment 3246211 View attachment 3246213 View attachment 3246224 View attachment 3246192 View attachment 3246195 View attachment 3246196 View attachment 3246199 View attachment 3246201 View attachment 3246211 View attachment 3246213 View attachment 3246224 .

I like those Kustoms. I played through a Kustom head and cabinet for years. Great sound.

All around nice collection.

I like those Kustoms. I played through a Kustom head and cabinet for years. Great sound.

All around nice collection.

I used to have a pair of vintage Kustom 4x8 PA columns that I used for monitor side fills. Those things were very heavy to lug around and built like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom