• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Clinton House, SC, June 13th, 2020

What an amazing event! My only regret is not making more of an effort to seek out more of you dudes on here. I did run into MikefromPhilly, and that connection made the whole experience heaps better. Great guy, we hung out for hours beforehand and even bumped into each other on the course a couple times.

Sadly, I couldn't shake the nerves and that cost me big time on the scorecard, but the experience was truly awesome.

To Ellis - Kudos on a great event! And a special shout out to ALL the ROs. Super, super friendly and encouraging at every single stage. Being on the tail end of the run list I was really impressed with their positive attitudes, having been out there in the sun all day, reciting the same stage rules 70+ times.

My one accomplishment, having been self appointed Burpee King of the Clinton Gun Run! Scattered nerves caused me to time out on the RIFLE portion of stage 3, having no chance at the pistol targets, I was awarded 50...yes FIFTY burpees as penalty. Mother*^$%!!
About halfway through one of the ROs called my name, I turned to look at him and he just said "Man, I'm really sorr about this...BUT you brought upon yourself!!" Hilarious. Then on my way to the next stage Ellis passed me in his truck, stopped, rolled down the window and said he felt bad for it. Ellis, I'm holding no grudge, your RO was right, it was my own damn fault!

So on stage 5 when given the option of pulling the litter or doing 10 burpees, I figured WTF, I'm going for the burpee award (that I had just made up in my mind).

OMFG, you guys should've seen the faces on the three ROs when I told them - their jaws dropped, incredulous when I told them what I had just done and that I was opting for more! LOL, they were so flustered that they started my timer before explaining the stage to me.

Incredible day all around, thanks to all involved and hope to do it again soon

So you were the nerf gun guy? Ok, I was the guy right in front of you that had to do 50 burpees as well after all the rifle malfunctions. Yes it sucked. After that, I figured my run is hosed, so just enjoy the rest and don’t worry about the time. As always I learned a lot.

Only ran into P ponyboy96 as we both ran earlier. Wish I knew what everyone else looked like. I do know what Sean looks like but didn't see him there. Had a great time. Was a bit disappointing. Ran really well, 5th overall on my run time and shot my pistol about the best I can shoot a pistol. Felt like I was cruising all the way into stage 5 but then melted down on 5 and 6 with a really low ranking on those two stages which certainly cost me a top 10 finish. Ended up 14th but lessons learned as usual. I will do a full write up with details later on this week as usual and put it up here and on my personal website. Also, I don't think Sean is beatable by looking at all his scores in these things. Incredible. Well done.
I did see you once when I first arrived - recognized the beard and pants! But you were wrapped up in conversation, and next thing I knew you were gone. Sorry I wasn't more assertive to meet & greet. I appreciated your advice leading up to this and look forward to your write up.

Congrats to Sean. Another awesome and well-earned win.

On a personal note to Sean, thank you for the tip about running my NX8 at a lower power. Doing so sped up my target acquisition dramatically.

Ponyboy96, our paths crossed. I had just arrived at stage 3 as you were finishing up doing your 50 and we chatted for a little bit at Stage 5 during the wait time. Next time, we need to hang up a flag or something so that we can find each other while we wait for our start times.

D. Snitterman over-achieved in the burpee department and was crowned King of Burpees of the CHAZ (Clinton House Autonomous Zone). When D. ASKED for 10 more on stage 5, we all were like …. WTF, was there some special password we were supposed to know?

I had a great day hanging out with great people. This sport and people are so AWESOME and special.

I need work on my mental game. I get so excited before the start that I’m in a cloud of screaming voices. Then after the start, I want to breath in every second of RnG and soak up every molecule of it. So much so that I FORGET that it’s a timed marksmanship event and treat the event like I’m looking at paintings in an art museum trying to squeeze out every second of the event. If I could live in a simulation, it would be an RnG.

I managed to get sign up for the 10K Legion. I swam it 2 years ago during the Monsoon. I’m terrified to try it again. I woke up at 2AM this morning with flashbacks.

Here are a couple useful links for D.Snitterman and others:

RnG Private Facebook Discussion - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441546449222951/?fref=nf You will need to answer all the questions to get in.

Jimmy Nutt’s Youtube channel - Run N Gun Nation – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9MhzFkMEBp8vcjFjLFG4cg/featured

So you were the nerf gun guy? Ok, I was the guy right in front of you that had to do 50 burpees as well after all the rifle malfunctions. Yes it sucked. After that, I figured my run is hosed, so just enjoy the rest and don’t worry about the time. As always I learned a lot.
I'm not sure what the nerf gun reference is, so maybe not. I ran at 3:06 and I think the super old guy (I say that with the utmost heartfelt respect) was just in front of me.

Congrats to Sean. Another awesome and well-earned win.

On a personal note to Sean, thank you for the tip about running my NX8 at a lower power. Doing so sped up my target acquisition dramatically.

Ponyboy96, our paths crossed. I had just arrived at stage 3 as you were finishing up doing your 50 and we chatted for a little bit at Stage 5 during the wait time. Next time, we need to hang up a flag or something so that we can find each other while we wait for our start times.

D. Snitterman over-achieved in the burpee department and was crowned King of Burpees of the CHAZ (Clinton House Autonomous Zone). When D. ASKED for 10 more on stage 5, we all were like …. WTF, was there some special password we were supposed to know?

I had a great day hanging out with great people. This sport and people are so AWESOME and special.

I need work on my mental game. I get so excited before the start that I’m in a cloud of screaming voices. Then after the start, I want to breath in every second of RnG and soak up every molecule of it. So much so that I FORGET that it’s a timed marksmanship event and treat the event like I’m looking at paintings in an art museum trying to squeeze out every second of the event. If I could live in a simulation, it would be an RnG.

I managed to get sign up for the 10K Legion. I swam it 2 years ago during the Monsoon. I’m terrified to try it again. I woke up at 2AM this morning with flashbacks.

Here are a couple useful links for D.Snitterman and others:

RnG Private Facebook Discussion - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441546449222951/?fref=nf You will need to answer all the questions to get in.

Jimmy Nutt’s Youtube channel - Run N Gun Nation – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9MhzFkMEBp8vcjFjLFG4cg/featured
F'ing hilarious, and well written. thanks for the facebook link, guess I'll sign up! and thanks for introducing me to Jimmy. I just didn't make the connection but YES, I had in fact seen all his videos!

D. Here is a Morale Patch right up your alley .... Burpee Alley

https://www.amazon.com/Decisions-Tactical-Embroidered-Applique-Fastener/dp/B07D8QPG4R

Bad Decisions.JPG

Back
Top Bottom