The most unlucky kid ever!!!

barney929

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
12   0
Reaction score
So once again my 12 year old son and I are in the blind. He reminded me today that we have done this for 3 years and yet to see a deer. BUT when his older brother comes with me he gets one every time. I just told him how much I enjoy being in the woods with him and that his luck will change. I am not however looking forward to them getting older and moving away. I guess that's the first sign of getting old.

When he does get one it will all that much better. Enjoy the time with them. They WILL leave the nest that is what you are supposed to be training them for. To stand on their own two feet without you. But if you are lucky like I was, once they get on their own they will eventually want to have a man to man relationship with you. My son was gone for many years making his own way. I feel like I gave him the basics to do that. Now we are more than father and son...we are friends. I never knew what a blessing that could be.

I remember hunting with my son! He's now 30 years old and a sergeant in the U.S. Army:usa:, stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. I sure miss hunting with him!!:grey:

Enjoy your time with your sons and thanks for reminding me of mine!:tickled_pink:

BTW, he a VERY LUCKY KID (even if he hasn't got a deer yet)!!! He's got a dad that cares!!! YOU DA MAN!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom