• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The new Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol

Angel993

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
129   0
Reaction score
Hello ODT!!!
I hope you are all doing well best wishes to you all....

I recently saved up and purchased the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol in the sick blue/grey/green finish and as I was cleaning my barrel I noticed these two trenches???
Was wondering if anyone else noticed this or if I should contact the manufacturer and report...
This is on the under side of the barrel where the spring recoil thing meets the barrel...
Also I was wondering if the 1301 barrel and mag extension tube holder fits the A300 I would like to swap it I may have over tightened the polymer one and I think it pulled the nut out of the polymer...
I have not fired this shotgun yet...

Attachments

• 20230502_195009.jpg
    20230502_195009.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20230502_195136_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_195136_Gallery.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 71
Difficult to tell from your picture what you are describing as "trenches", but here is a link to an A300 barrel for comparison.

There are notches machined into the barrel and the barrel extension where it connects to the receiver. This is common to all Beretta Semi Auto models.

The A300 and the 1301 have different gas systems and the handguards are different so I would suspect the mag extensions would not be the same.
The A300 Ultima Patrol already has the magazine tube the same length of the barrel and the magazine cap is a cover over the 7+1 magazine tube. Are you saying you want the magazine tube to be longer than the barrel?

If you were able to damage the magazine cap by hand, then call Beretta customer service and ask them to send you a new cap.

Just circled the trenches inside the barrel they are a bit strange
And the part I am referring to is the piece outside the Mag extension it holds the barrel and mag tube where the QDs mount to...

And the part I am referring to is the piece outside the Mag extension it holds the barrel and mag tube where the QDs mount to...

I believe those are your gas ports. Vents gas into the cylinder where the piston rides to cycle the action/bolt.

The first few inches of a shotgun barrel is called the chamber. It must be a larger diameter than the rest of the barrel so that when the shotgun shell is fired and the ends unfold it is the same diameter as the barrel. What you are seeing is normal for all shotgun barrels regardless of the type of action or the gauge. :)

As Cadcom pointed out, If you are talking about the two holes inside the barrel then this common for all gas operated systems.

There have been several reports of the QD mounts not holding on the A300. I would contact Beretta for assistance.
There are several aftermarket manufacturers for the mounts, but can't recommend one over the other.

Yes about the chamber I know but look down further inside the barrel you can see two little lines in there but as Cadcom posted they are the gas ports I'm sure he is right but I have never seen them in any other shotguns maybe I just didn't notice

If this is your first gas operated Semi Auto shotgun then it is understandable why you did not recognize the holes. :)
The semi autos which use inertia to operate the action like a Benelli do not have those holes.

Back
Top Bottom