The New Odt My Ass

Look those of you who do not like us voicing our opinions on here can shove it! OS asked for input and that's precisely what several of us are doing. I am set in my ways and live by the saying "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". I don't know what technical issues the site was having behind the scenes to call for such an update but this, to me, isn't as easily navigable as the previous one was. Will I learn this newer version, yes I am sure I will. I love the ODT and it is the best place to buy/swap/sell here in the state. But I am...aggravated at best at how every time I turn around someone on one of my social media accounts or personal forums is always trying to make things "bigger" or "better". Go ahead and chastise me for my opinion though because it appears to be what large quantities of the masses on here like to do. Either way, thanks Steve for a great site as always. I'll learn but I'm gonna be cussing through the entire process lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 10
While it's not enough to turn me away the sites overall functionality is far clunkier. For instance, to quote someone's posts I have to click three separate buttons. I'm not being lazy that's just clunkier operation. We did gain some great new features and the over look of the site is rather nice...the guts just aren't nearly as intuitive. On the other site an Internet novice could and regularly did puck up how to use it fairly quickly. On this new version I spent 7 mins trying to figure out how to post pics and they still didn't come out right.

maybe I'll grow to like it. I've been on another sight that uses this interface for about 6 months and still can't navigate nearly as easily as i used on the old odt. In fact when I switched between sites I was always thankful that odt was so much easier to navigate.

I still love this place and will renew my supporter status without question but to be honest I might not be on as much anymore. Please don't think I'm just bashing, you asked for input and examples. I still support this place and it's mission 100%.

Why do you have to click 3 buttons to quote someone? I just clicked reply.

Although, I will agree that the site is far clunkier. It's very "busy" and there isn't as much separation between posts and sections so it looks like one big mess.

The new terminology makes no sense. "Conversations", "My Content" neither of which are what you expect them to be. Seems like something some 24 year "site usability experts" dreamed up. This the ODT, not Match.com. Less is more on a site like this.

And don't get me started on how it works on my phone. I won't be on as much either unless I'm behind a large screen. Maybe I'll warm up to it. Oh well.

Hate the new layout! Can't even repost, pain in the butt to navigate, and all of my "conversations" just went blank on me! Total crap!

You could be a little nicer about it. It's not my favorite but I'm sure they did and are doing the best they can. The interface just is what it is now.

Why do you have to click 3 buttons to quote someone? I just clicked reply.

Although, I will agree that the site is far clunkier. It's very "busy" and there isn't as much separation between posts and sections so it looks like one big mess.

The new terminology makes no sense. "Conversations", "My Content" neither of which are what you expect them to be. Seems like something some 24 year "site usability experts" dreamed up. This the ODT, not Match.com. Less is more on a site like this.

And don't get me started on how it works on my phone. I won't be on as much either unless I'm behind a large screen. Maybe I'll warm up to it. Oh well.

Tha KS to some helpful members I figured out the "reply" button thing...otherwise my concerns are still in line with yours.

Back
Top Bottom