The ODT Feed. Updated! (And you thought the classifieds were addictive!)

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
Update 1:

There seems to be no negative effects on the server in regards to the ODT feed so it will now become a permanent feature on the site!

If you are a supporter there will be a new "Feed" tab at the top of the screen.

End Update

The ODT Feed

Well guys I have found a truly amazing mod for the site. I installed it a few days ago and have been very impressed. This thing is like crack.

I originally installed it to use for moderating and ultimately that may be the case, but right now I think it is just too good to not at least try it out for a short time period.

What is it?

It is a feed of every new post and thread created on the site (at least the ones you have access to). You can sit there and watch every new post and thread pop up in real time. It's like a what's new on steroids.

It only shows a max of 25 items so it only works in real time.

It shows the thread title and a preview of the post, and you can click the post and it will take you to it in a new tab in your browser.

Here is a video of it, it ain't the most exciting video but it gets the point across of what it does.

Who gets it?

It is available to site supporters. You can become a supporter by clicking the "Become a Supporter" tab at the top.

Feedback

Please post all thoughts, opinions, issues, etc in this thread.

Where is it?

There will be a new tab at the top for supporters that will say "Feed"

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried it out, it's cool but IDK. . . i dont like the fact it opens up another page to view a thread you click on.

I love that, then you don't have to restart the feed everytime you want to look at something. I guess it really depends on how you browse, I use tabs constantly.

Back
Top Bottom