• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official dumb things you've seen in listings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that own Kimbers are like people that own MVMT watches. People walk around with them thinking that they're cool, but in reality, you own a POS.
I have heard that about Kimber 1911s. I know they are expensive, but why are they terrible? (Honest question)

I have heard that about Kimber 1911s. I know they are expensive, but why are they terrible? (Honest question)
You know RIA? Well, RIA builds robust, and mostly reliable 1911's. Think of Kimbers like RIA, minus the reliability, flashy presentation (I.e. advertising), and substandard parts that are mostly MIM.

RIA knows what type of brand it is, and sells accordingly. It is honest about it's brand.

Kimber sells thinking its a Colt, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk or upper end STI. But in reality, they're entry level bottom feeder. I've seen people get warranty denied, poor QC, crappy reliability.
See 1911 forums for yourself.
https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27#/forums/27?page=1

Also, there is something else going on with Kimber that has to do with NY values but I forgot.

If you want a good 1911 for the money, and quality, Dan Wesson is your starting point. Not Kimber. Ever.

jesus face palm.jpg

You know RIA? Well, RIA builds robust, and mostly reliable 1911's. Think of Kimbers like RIA, minus the reliability, flashy presentation (I.e. advertising), and substandard parts that are mostly MIM.

RIA knows what type of brand it is, and sells accordingly. It is honest about it's brand.

Kimber sells thinking its a Colt, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk or upper end STI. But in reality, they're entry level bottom feeder. I've seen people get warranty denied, poor QC, crappy reliability.
See 1911 forums for yourself.
https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27#/forums/27?page=1

Also, there is something else going on with Kimber that has to do with NY values but I forgot.

If you want a good 1911 for the money, and quality, Dan Wesson is your starting point. Not Kimber. Ever.

But my Kimber has been completely reliable.

Just kidding. I wouldn't buy that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom