• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official dumb things you've seen in listings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't. But they outlasted Glock Sig and everyone else in NATO testing. I saw 90,000 rounds somewhere.

I know we're side-tracking from the usual dumb posting stuff in here, lol.

However, I'd like to see the details of that testing. All I've seen is kinda vague stuff from SAR. "Possibly the most rigorously tested pistol ever developed, the new SAR9 endured 130° baking to simulate desert conditions, -50° for the arctic, salt fog, high altitude, 24 hours of rain, solar radiation, fouling, drop tests and 150,000 round of live fire in the factory. Police later ran their own test that included 50,000 rounds. Finally, a NATO test against major manufacturers from Austria, German and the U.S. ran 90,000 rounds with the SAR9 the clear winner."

(Solar radiation? Does that mean that some pistols wither under sunlight? Wait, this qualifies as dumb things, we're still relevant. :dizzy:)

So...I thought I'd Google it. But all I can find is other articles regurgitating what SAR states. There's no date for this test to be found, end results of the competing firearms...or even what specific pistols it competed against. Was that 90,000 rounds through only one SAR 9? Was it zero malfunctions, or just the least out of the test pistols? Who knows.

Seems like a good deal on a 9mm and SAR makes some nice claims about them... but the claims seem to be difficult to verify.

If someone can actually find more concrete info, please prove my Googling skills as inadequate. :thumb:

I know we're side-tracking from the usual dumb posting stuff in here, lol.

However, I'd like to see the details of that testing. All I've seen is kinda vague stuff from SAR. "Possibly the most rigorously tested pistol ever developed, the new SAR9 endured 130° baking to simulate desert conditions, -50° for the arctic, salt fog, high altitude, 24 hours of rain, solar radiation, fouling, drop tests and 150,000 round of live fire in the factory. Police later ran their own test that included 50,000 rounds. Finally, a NATO test against major manufacturers from Austria, German and the U.S. ran 90,000 rounds with the SAR9 the clear winner."

(Solar radiation? Does that mean that some pistols wither under sunlight? Wait, this qualifies as dumb things, we're still relevant. :dizzy:)

So...I thought I'd Google it. But all I can find is other articles regurgitating what SAR states. There's no date for this test to be found, end results of the competing firearms...or even what specific pistols it competed against. Was that 90,000 rounds through only one SAR 9? Was it zero malfunctions, or just the least out of the test pistols? Who knows.

Seems like a good deal on a 9mm and SAR makes some nice claims about them... but the claims seem to be difficult to verify.

If someone can actually find more concrete info, please prove my Googling skills as inadequate. :thumb:

I smiled and scoffed when I first read that, and did a quick search for the American Rifleman article I remembered seeing this in...then I found at least a dozen other sites with the same quote that was used in the article I read. My Google Fu has been no better than yours so far.

Police later ran their own test that included 50,000 rounds. Finally, a NATO test against major manufacturers from Austria, German and the U.S. ran 90,000 rounds with the SAR9 the clear winner.

It should read:"...major manufacturers from Austria, Germany and the U.S. ..."

In this case "Germany" would be correct word. "German", when used in this case would be a descriptor adjective.

That's a red flag, but we've seen worse in advertising.

CZ, for the P-01 had this to say (but again, I couldn't easily find the original source outside of CZ):

"Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings
Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition."

There's a fresh crotch-shot pistol listing. Love me some flowered-short-wearing, crotch-shot posting Mini-driving pistol enthusiast. Had to be done for laughs after reading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom