• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Has anyone ever tried this? I found this on a business trip for 41.99 which is MSRP. I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle of taking it back on a checked in luggage. Luggage is free.

Is it worth the pour???
2098c8933e30eed6372bdaa41807b4ce.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever tried this? I found this on a business trip for 41.99 which is MSRP. I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle of taking it back on a checked in luggage. Luggage is free.

Is it worth the pour???

Its decent, but you can find it pretty easily anywhere.

A store pick of Full proof is where it's at though.

Is it worth the pour???

good... wait for a barrel select to come out it's usually really good

Is it worth the pour???

I agree with the first two responders. Nothing wrong with the juice. BiB is pretty easy to find around town. The full proof store pics are my favorite 1792 bottles. The sp’s were everywhere a few years ago. Then they dried up. I always stop in the bottle shop right off of 369 otw home from Etowah valley to see what he’s got cooking. Asked If he had any new sp’s coming. He said he was waiting on a 1792 shipment. I said great always enjoyed them and I’m out bc they had become harder to find. Apparently they have had glass bottle sourcing issues and that’s why we have not seen any FP SP’s for a while. Keep a look out he said SP’s should be hitting the ATL area anytime now.

I agree with the first two responders. Nothing wrong with the juice. BiB is pretty easy to find around town. The full proof store pics are my favorite 1792 bottles. The sp’s were everywhere a few years ago. Then they dried up. I always stop in the bottle shop right off of 369 otw home from Etowah valley to see what he’s got cooking. Asked If he had any new sp’s coming. He said he was waiting on a 1792 shipment. I said great always enjoyed them and I’m out bc they had become harder to find. Apparently they have had glass bottle sourcing issues and that’s why we have not seen any FP SP’s for a while. Keep a look out he said SP’s should be hitting the ATL area anytime now.
I wasn't aware they were that hard to find, I've seen them around semi- regularly. I can just never remember when I'm in a store which one is supposed to be better. I've seen store picks of the FP and BiB in the same store more than once. Of course I travel a lot for work, so what seems regular to me may not be so much for those that kinda stay in one area.

It is the same mashbill. Did a pick at Old Fo end of last year and they confirmed it.

Overall consensus is correct, it's tasty but appropriate cost is more like 70-80 not over 100. If I run into another at msrp then I might buy it just because I have more money than sense most days but I won't hunt a backup for sure.
Lots of things are the same mash bill but a lot more than just mash bill goes into it. That’s like saying stagg is just barrel proof buffalo trace. Different Rick, different Rick house generally (for things like ET and 1924) different flavor profile in blending. There’s a lot of very expensive whiskey that is just xx aged a little more but there’s a pretty easily identifiable separation. That’s not to say it should be the 114.99 or whatever SRP is.

Lots of things are the same mash bill but a lot more than just mash bill goes into it. That’s like saying stagg is just barrel proof buffalo trace. Different Rick, different Rick house generally (for things like ET and 1924) different flavor profile in blending. There’s a lot of very expensive whiskey that is just xx aged a little more but there’s a pretty easily identifiable separation. That’s not to say it should be the 114.99 or whatever SRP is.
I was confirming the post that said it was a 'rumor'.

As for the rest.... no sh17... I never said anything about any of that.

Back
Top Bottom