Can anyone give me the skinny on this?
Shop owners say it’s “rare”.
What’s a normal price point?
I’ve seen the regular not private barrel stuff. Can’t even find this on line.
I love a good rye, is it better than average?
Thanks.

0d0efa12bca12200bf076e9c43bb8780.jpg
It’s not ‘rare,’ it’s a private barrel. What are they selling it for relative to the normal rye? The bottle cost for them is usually not much different , if any.

That’s what we call a ‘barely legal’ rye because it’s only 51% corn. Many, many ryes are of a much higher content, and that rich spice note is what makes it attractive to many people (not me, I hate the pecan finish in the high ryes, and actually prefer the low rye content whiskey).

Anyway, how much and did you get one?

EDIT: 9 years, over 100 proof, not Bottled-in-Bond though it could be. Why not?

I hope it’s not that expensive for some obfuscated MGP juice.

It’s not ‘rare,’ it’s a private barrel. What are they selling it for relative to the normal rye? The bottle cost for them is usually not much different , if any.

That’s what we call a ‘barely legal’ rye because it’s only 51% corn. Many, many ryes are of a much higher content, and that rich spice note is what makes it attractive to many people (not me, I hate the pecan finish in the high ryes, and actually prefer the low rye content whiskey).

Anyway, how much and did you get one?

EDIT: 9 years, over 100 proof, not Bottled-in-Bond though it could be. Why not?

I hope it’s not that expensive for some obfuscated MGP juice.

I think they wanted between $99 and $129.
I usually get scotch for that price, but was interested in the barely legal 51% rye, and a high % of corn. It’d be a more mellow palate as you said, but hopefully have that distinctive rye flavor.

Thanks for the information. I’ll think it over.

Back
Top Bottom