• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official ODT Veterans photo thread.

2/3 fox co. Stationed Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii
fulujah-karma Jan 08'- july 08'

Golestan - Helmand Province mar 09'- oct 09'

IMG_1343.jpgIMG_1344.jpgIMG_1345.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1348.jpgIMG_1349.jpg

Last edited:
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_14_y5uvuhu8.jpg

This is a picture of an intersection on highway 1 or "MSR Tampa", running north and south up the middle of Iraq. The bad guys kept blowing up bridges on the main highways so the powers that be decided to set up squad size elements (sometimes smaller) on the bridges day and night to protect them. At the real big intersections like this one they may have an Abrams, but most of the smaller exits just had a handfull of guys and a hightop hummer. They were almost always Marines. They were sitting ducks, way outside the wire. They lived in hesco bunkers under and around the bridges like trolls for 3 or 4 days at a time and then were relieved for a few days. They always ran out of tobacco and had hand written signs up asking for some. Our QRF team would always keep a few extra cartons of the good haji smokes on board cause we smoked them too and tried to keep those guys hooked up. After a gunner in another company got his face ripped open by a fish hook some asshole hung off the side of an unguarded bridge, we all started appreciating these guys more.

Last edited:
Nice thread. And thanks guys!

My great grandma passed away a few months ago. My mom ended up with a box of my great grandfathers ww2 pictures. I only got a quick look through once, because my mom doesn't like pulling them out. She always has little ones running around, and many are unapologetically full if gore.

I've been trying to get my hands on a few. He was a childhood hero, and I want nothing for than to dive into that box.

Not an American VET but am a Bosnian VET in the first pic im in the middle lol and the second one im the guy with the beard standing walking away yea those were some hard times almost got blown to pieces that day damn ill never forget that damn war I've seen some crazy s***.

images

images

I'd like to than every Veteran on this site, My dad was and still is a Ranger from 1979 to 1989 and I love it that he served and very thankful. He was one of the first in Grenada and last out. He also was in Panama during the time, and was put on alert to go to Saudi Arabia right after I was born.

Back
Top Bottom