• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Riflemen's Weekend 5/4&5/24 River Bend Gun Club

AI-AR10-Dan

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Please join us for the Riflemen's weekend the last weekend in April. This is a CMP vintage rifle match, one of the biggest, for WWII rifles Allies and Axis. There is even a sniper match. I've been shooting this match 22 years it is one of my favorites, the only one I'm sure I shoot every year! Open to all, 55shots 50 for record, there'll be plenty of coaching and gear to share. Cookout after.

The match bulletin for this year has not been posted yet but last years is here and only the dates will change I expect. I will bump the post once the current one is published. There is also a facebook page link if you're silly enough to engage in that activity.

Match Bulletin

Join us April 29th-30th for this year’s annual Rifleman’s Weekend! This rifle match is sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Progam (CMP) and is part of their local “Games” program. The CMP Games Matches center around the rifles used during the WWI period and include the following: John C. Garand Match for those firing the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine Rifles. Springfield Rifle Match for those firing the 1903 Springfield or 1903A3 Springfield Vintage Military Bolt Rifle Match for all the other bolt action rifles used during WWII, including the US Model 1917 and US Krag Rifles, but also includes foreign rifles such as the British Lee-Enfield, various German Mausers, Japanese, Swiss, and Italian rifles to name a few.
Unlimited Garand Match for those who have made accuracy improvements to their M1 Garands.
Vintage Fun Match for those with sporter versions of any of the rifles listed above (Must have iron sights). This match is run “out of competition” and is not sanctioned by the CMP. So many former military rifles have been made into sporters, and this is a way for someone with a sporter rifle to get in on the FUN!
The program for Saturday and Sunday is the same. You can shoot both or either day. Sunday only, we have our version of the CMP’s sniper rifle match we call the Vintage Military Sniper Rifle Match. The course of fire follows the same course as the other rifles, except that during the last stage, those with Sniper rifles shoot at moving targets!
We shoot on RBGC’s 600 Yard Range but only from the 200 Yard line. Participants must also score or another shooter and work a relay in the target pits. If you’ve never been in the “pits” before, it is quite an experience with live rounds flying over your head! Many, like myself, think the pits are the best part!
The match fee is $30 for one day and $45 for both. Your match fee includes a Match T-Shirt, a match Patch, and a 2023-year strip. Our Match shirts are often seen at rifle competitions throughout the Southeast and the National Matches. You have probably seen our match patch and year strips on shooting jackets at the club.
You will also meet some new people and likely make a friend or two. It is a competition, and we keep score, but the point of the match is to get out, shoot and enjoy yourself. We don’t compromise on safety, but we do emphasize the fun!
The registration form should be on the club website. You do not need to pre-register to participate, but it is recommended. Contact the match director at ben@rbgc.org. RBGC’s Annual Rifleman’s Weekend April 29th & 30th. Come out and shoot! RBGC Member Matt Whitley firing a 1903A3 Prone Rapid Fire.
Video available at:

and M1 Carbine,1903 /1903A3 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, 1941 Johnsons, and U.S. Krag Rifles, and all foreign military Bolt Rifles. Rifles must be in "as issued" configuration.

Back
Top Bottom