• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The shock and awe of trying to buy ammo right now.

When will ammo prices and availability return to normal?

• Total voters

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
First the sticker shock then comes the awe hell no.

How long before ammo prices go back down do you guys think?

I’m seeing more and more ammo lately than I did 6mo ago so maybe people are now starting to say, I got enough. I dunno... Pricing is up obviously, but if you’re patient you can find decent deals. It’s never going back to normal.

Now pricing on ODT, that’s a different story.

The best price price at academy for .223, two box limit out the door $0.66 per round. It’s there on a regular basis. I really don’t see it getting better. They cant keep it on the shelf very long.

More and more types and quantity are available. Most places around me were really slow to put a box limit so that definitely hurt the locals. Also, most people have been using their stimulus' for guns/ammo so there's another huge artificial pump up of demand. Probably by the time people burn through their money and get tired of paying the CPR premium, a shooting or ban potential will relate everything

Just finished a trip into southern Alabama. Ammo in stock LGS exit 60 off I85. 2 box limit but fair prices. Also further south in Andalusa - no limit but they did sell their last case of Wolf 223 for $685 when I was there. Found some Speer Gold Dot hollow point 5.7 - first time I saw any.

Prices are insane, even at the LGS.
c9adc35718e1bb7b47c9a3130319be7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom