• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The "Tear Drop" Monument

Russians are just pro russia. Only the west feels the need to destroy itself in some suicidal white guilt cult
He is referring to Russian history prior to the revolution of 1917. The old empire used a system called Russification. They invaded and conquered. Then, they sent people to the new lands to change the culture of the people.
I have no idea what you’re taking about.

He is referring to Russian history prior to the revolution of 1917. The old empire used a system called Russification. They invaded and conquered. Then, they sent people to the new lands to change the culture of the people.
I have no idea what you’re taking about.
Yeah stronger folks conquering or extending influence over their neighbors is a tale as old as time. It is the natural state of life in darwinistic competition on the nation state level.

Yeah stronger folks conquering or extending influence over their neighbors is a tale as old as time. It is the natural state of life in darwinistic competition on the nation state level.
This is true, but it does mean that it should be encouraged or supported. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to live in a land that that is conveniently threatened by a neighboring country.

I could be wrong, but I feel certain that Estonian, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and other former Soviet block nations are not harassing their neighbors. Russia seems to love harassing or invading. I find it odd that Americans, claiming to love freedom and sovereignty, would be fine with their actions. I think it’s important to maintain peaceful relations, but nothing beyond that.
Let's see, JFK almost started WW3 over Soviet missiles in Cuba (while putting US nukes in Turkey next to USSR). We added Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania to NATO, stationed US troops there on the border with Russia. Yet Putin has been more restrained in his response to US than JFK was.
Keep on trolling.

Let's see, JFK almost started WW3 over Soviet missiles in Cuba (while putting US nukes in Turkey next to USSR). We added Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania to NATO, stationed US troops there on the border with Russia. Yet Putin has been more restrained in his response to US than JFK was.
Keep on trolling.
Good points, but let’s not forget the resistance against the block nations leaving the Soviet Union in the 90’s Those countries wanted to leave for a reason. Also, those block nations had a choice to join NATO. Did the US force the countries to join? I’m not trolling.

Good points, but let’s not forget the resistance against the block nations leaving the Soviet Union in the 90’s Those countries wanted to leave for a reason. Also, those block nations had a choice to join NATO. Did the US force the countries to join? I’m not trolling.
What resistance? When East Germany asked Gorbachev to put Soviet troops on the streets to stop popular protests (ala 1956 Hungary) and he refused?
No, but US and other NATO contries chose to accept new members, knowing that Russia will feel cornered and will respond. What you see play out now, is the result of it. They have been invaded multiple times. Russia's sttrategy, for centuries, has been surrounding itself with buffer countries. The buffer is gone. They will do all the can to re-establish that buffer.

I would not be surprised to see Russia place nukes in Venezuela in the next 2 years, before 2024. They despise Joe, and know that he is weak and will do nothing.

PS Russia itself was the one who broke up the USSR, when Yeltsin declared Russia's independance.

Concerning your PS, this is partly incorrect. The three Baltic nations declared independence, and the Soviet Union was not a fan. To be clear, I understand your points, and I don’t disagree with some of your points. I’m just a fan of nations minding their own business. I am well aware that it’s not how the world work, but it doesn’t mean that I support Russian harassment. In most cases, I don’t even support the US in other people’s business. I’m sure we could have a lengthy conversation about US involvements in the Central and South America. I support none of it. I can’t even stand behind any military or CIA operation that increased tensions during the Cold War.

Back
Top Bottom