• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The things you learn in Spain........

Dingo

Wolf Icon
Navigating the space time continuum
7   0
Reaction score
An Australian diner is sitting in a Spanish restaurant when a waiter comes out of the kitchen with a massive silver server, whatever is in there is steaming hot and the aroma is fantastic. Immediately, the band busts into a loud and lively tune, the patrons burst into wild applause, confetti is thrown everywhere and sparklers are lit on every table. To a cacophony of sound the waiter places the server on one particular table, raises the lid of the server, the crowd goes even wilder and there on the silver platter are two huge balls.
The Aussie is mystified, so when the waiter has finished carving the balls and served the diners on the table, he calls the waiter over and asks what on earth he just served.
The waiter says “Today is Monday the day after the corrida and so we have the greatest of all Spanish delicacies, Bolas del Toro”.
The Aussie says “Why are they so special”?
The waiter replies “Well Senor, the balls are marinaded in the finest Rioja, our greatest Spanish wine, we add olive oil from the high Sierras, herbs picked in the hills by virgins certified by the Holy Catholic Church, peppers so hot they could be grown in hell and garlic that if you eat it no one will talk to you for a month but when this marinade does it’s magic with the balls, eating it is like angels caressing your tongue, that is why it is Spain’s greatest gourmet’s delight.
“Wow” says the Aussie “I really would like to try that, I’d like to order that dish now”.
The waiter replies “Regrettably Senor, we only serve this once on Monday but if you would care to make a reservation for next Monday I will reserve the dish for you especially”.
“Done” says the Aussie “Make the reservation, shall we say eight o’clock”?
So the follow Monday the Aussie arrives at the restaurant and after he confirms his order waits patiently for the special delicacy to arrive.
The door to the kitchen flys open, the waiter with a huge silver server marches into the dinning room, the band plays the same tune but even louder, the other diners burst into applause, confetti is thrown, sparklers are waived and the noise reaches a crescendo. The waiter with a flourish places the silver server on the Aussie’s table and lifts the lid.
There on the platter are two rather small balls, the Aussie says “What’s this, these are tiny, last Monday they were huge, this is very disappointing”.
The waiter says “Senor, I understand your disappointment and I apologise but some times the bull wins”.

Back
Top Bottom