• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The worst ammo ...

Tul ammo... That crap is horrible... The Wal mart federal brown box stuff fires well... I am currently running a bunch of freedom munitions (new and reman) about 1k through and not a single issue (and it is cheeeeeeaaaaap)...

I've run about 500 rounds of Tula steel case through my 9c without a single failure.

Herter's is rebranded Tula in 223 and 308. I think that's the case for all steel-cased Herter's but I have no direct experience with the other calibers to confirm. Tula/Wolf/Bear/Barnaul...it doesn't matter to me. It all goes bang with reasonable accuracy. If it doesn't, I ditch the gun.

My Glocks love some Tula ammo.

media.tumblr.com_tumblr_m2qy84Le4B1r7f5kd.gif

"Do you mean literally smells bad? Is that why you will not use it indoors? I've never run into that. (I've never used Herters though)"

YES, IT SMELLS LIKE A LONG OVERDUE SERVICED PORTA POTTY LEFT IN THE HOT SUN ON STEROIDS. Ok, so my description leaves a little to be desired but is does really smell bad when you shoot it. I've read the same thing from others. It's made in Russia and I bought a bunch when Cabelas had an incredible sale on it.

Shoots great, though! My Taurus 1911 eats it all day long...

Back
Top Bottom