The writers strike is ov...

Plus there's dozens of film specific retailers here in Atlanta that haven't sold a thing since May.

Tell me this doesn't matter to you lol, and I'll point you towards folks that lost their house because of this.
Over the years have seen the same thing happen to people who wouldn’t budget and set up their own strike fund.
Always felt sorry for them, but we have always lived by the ant and grasshopper parable. Wife and I worked in the same industry, both out of work on strikes, just an unpaid vacation.
You make it up in overtime catching the work up when you return.

Over the years have seen the same thing happen to people who wouldn’t budget and set up their own strike fund.
Always felt sorry for them, but we have always lived by the ant and grasshopper parable. Wife and I worked in the same industry, both out of work on strikes, just an unpaid vacation.
You make it up in overtime catching the work up when you return.

My union was not on strike. There were dozens of assistance funds for writers, one for everyone else.

Not a strike, our company just changed payroll accounting firms, epic cluster****, checks were delayed.
You’d have thought it was the apocalypse. Never realized how many folks spent money they didn’t have, and lived paycheck to paycheck. Took a couple of weeks to sort it out, company was having to make emergency loans to some of the clerks.
They lost the overtime records for 4 weeks, had to rely on word of employees to restore. Some folks got well on that.

And your union dues go to support the leftist agenda and politicans and I'm not embarrassed at all because it's true. You know it and I know it.

Well you should be. You know it and I know it.

I'm sorry you don't agree with my career choice but honestly it's none of your damn business. When I was in college and my wife got pregnant, I went back to being a carpenter. I joined the union because they had a Healthcare package, which I needed for my family. Your blanket assumption of everyone in the industry is unwarranted and just plain wrong.

You're obviously ignorant to anything that doesn't directly involve you, and I feel sorry for you in that aspect. A LOT of good folks had a really ****ty summer through no fault of their own. Lost their Healthcare because there were no employer benefits. Possibly lost their homes or vehicles. You don't know their stories.

You may respond to this but I won't see it. Welcome to my ignore list.

Well you wanted Hollywood here so live with it.Be careful what you wish for.
The absolute ridiculousness of this statement...

First off, no one "wanted Hollywood here." "Hollywood" (which even just using the term and assuming there is one homogeneous consciousness that is "Hollywood" shows how little you know of the industry) came here of its own volition. And you can largely think Bobby Jindal for that. About 8 years or so ago he capped Lousiana's tax breaks for industry filming and so the industry picked up and move a few states over to Georgia. It is easier to work in Georgia. Non-union employees, better tax breaks and Tyler Perry.

Nobody "wished for this." Y'allywood just sort of happened.

But hey, they're all prolly cOmMiE liBtArD jOeBaMmY supporters, though, right? lEt'S gO BrAnDoN!

You may respond to this but I won't see it. Welcome to my ignore list.
Well good for you so take your ball and go home. Everything isn't a personal attack. I don't know you and don't care to. That doesn't change the fact that unions in general and the movie industry in particular have been doing their damnest to undermine the political system in Ga for years.
Those are indisputable facts of which they make no secret of their aims.
I know some movie folks and I count them as friends because they're damn fine people but they're on the wrong side of politics and history.
I try to never discuss politics or religion with people I like but this is a "forum". Look it up.

Small minded people will never be able to grasp nuanced issues. So all you'll ever get is "dUr hUrRRr liBtaRd HolLyWEiRd" in response.

And to the "I don't watch TV" crowd, I hope you also don't go to the movies or consume any other media other than sports and reality TV. Because everything else will be and has already been affected.
I'm not part of that crowd since I have friends that work in the industry, it's hurt them. But on the other hand I'm also part of that crowd. I haven't had cable in 7-8 years. It's been longer than that since I've been to movies and I hate sports unless hunting or fishing is a sport you're referencing. We do have a flat screen TV connected to internet and about the only thing ever on is Youtube how to video's. I live a pathetic life! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom