Thief in the woods

Mountainman35

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
66   0
Reaction score
Went to one of my favorite spots to hunt on my property in Elbert county. Got to where my ladder stand was suppose to be. Guess what it was gone. 6 years in the same spot and now some piece of sh** has stolen it. What is the world coming to when a tree stand isn't even safe. It's a shame when you even have to chain and lock a stand.

Don't waste your money on a chain and lock, if the want it, they'll just shoot the lock and take the chain too. I know it sucks but unless you're on the property a good bit, you might wanna take it with you.

A thief has all day to think about taking your stuff, you only have a few hours to figure out how to keep em from it.

Sniper 22 is right. I've lost 2 that were chained/cabled to the tree. I've since moved to another lease but a friend put up a trail cam on his stand and caught the theif. Kids down the street took it. Should have the seen the looks on their faces when he showed the picture to their parents. He did get his stand back with an apology. That was 2 years ago and never had any problems since.

Wasn't there a thread around here about a ladder stand on someones property that they discovered? You WEREN'T on someone elses property were you?

;)

Back
Top Bottom