• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Think I found my poacher from last year.

Nobody acts more indignant than a poacher when caught.

Yeah I got caught hunting on a friend of a friends property once.
Where I went was exactly where the “owner” told me to go.
I was wearing blaze orange late rifle season and was confronted by a guy with a 30-30.
He told me I was in private property and I was polite the whole time.
He seemed really mad at first but I diffused him with utter kindness.
He asked me who gave me permission to hunt here and I told him the guys name and that he showed me the property line and I got in the exact tree he pointed out to me.
The old man said he never forgets a face and that I better not hunt here again.
He said it was his property and that the boundary lines had been old markers and have since been remapped.
I was polite and apologetic and thanked him for understanding the mix up.

I stopped at the dudes house on the way out of the woods that gave me permission and told him what happened and he said the old man that confronted you no longer owns the property and that it was acquired by the DNR and that the property I was on was not the old mans that it was his.
The old man lied.

A few months later karma caught up with the old man as he got arrested for poaching out of season on the dnr’s property that he sold to them.

Ga DNR will do their part if you get them involved. They are awesome.
They helped us get rid of some POS poaching on our land. Caught his dumb a** red handed, dead deer, over bait, no orange, hunting on our land. The bad part was that I heard he wasn’t even man enough to admit that he f****d up and got caught.
He’s a liar and a damn thief.....it’s stealing if you ask me. He got what he deserved. If I had a choice, his dumb a** would’ve been locked up on criminal charges too.

Back
Top Bottom