• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is embarrassing.

Ex313 Ex313 , how are you doing today?

Yesterday I had an EMG test which involved needles and electric shocks , but it wasn't nearly as erotic as it sounds.
One of the things that she confirmed from that test was that my left hand has carpal tunnel syndrome which I knew already.
I can walk around a little bit more now without feeling wiped out and this morning I was able to look straight at something without wearing an eye Patch and my eyes weren't crossed. But that didn't last long.
My left hand in left arm are still messed up I don't trust it to handle anything delicate. I still can't stand or walk without a Walker because I'm not too sure that my left leg will support me all the time. But walking isn't wearing me out as much any more.
Bottom line is, I'm feeling stronger every day and the doctor says that the 400 milligrams of steroids they put in me while I was in the hospital are finally having an effect on the lesion.
I had a small speaking part in someone's online virtual community theater, that was fun.
As far as the job situation goes, I have had two interviews this week for IT support gigs that are within my asking price. And they're both 100% work from home for at least a year.
My unemployment insurance issue has been cleared up, thanks to @JMarkB.
So things are looking up.

Guys thank you for everything. My wife and I are turning off the go fund me and we think that we are stable enough that we will have enough money to last until I get another job. Which should be in December. One of the things that I have never been able to get used to since I moved down here from Michigan is the generosity of strangers. 11 years ago, my daughter had up near drowning accident in our local pool and the neighbors in my subdivision were bringing my son and I dinner while my wife was staying in the hospital with my daughter. I didn't know them, nor did I ask for any help but it was offered. I'm very thankful for them and I'm very thankful for the spontaneous outpouring of support I received from all you guys and gals.

With your help we were able to pay the rent this month and will be able to pay the rent for probably two more months our plus our utility bills and now that I'm back on unemployment I think that will be OK.

I am lined up for two possible jobs right now that will start in December and carry on for at least a year. If things go the way they are going I should be able to start driving again at least by February. I Probably won't return to shooting until I can see clearly through both eyes. But I enjoy hanging out here because the ODT is like showing up at my local Barber shop or corner bar where everybody is cool and having a good time.

Thanks,

Mike Kelly and Family

Back
Top Bottom