• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

this would happen to me...

Cprice2623

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
22   1
Reaction score
i just gotta vent a little bit, get this unfortunate situation and stress out.
so this deer season, my fiance was so excited, she got super into hunting, put in the time with me, miles walking scouting. i was so ready to get her set up on her first swamp donkey.
just before season, we found out that we are expecting a baby, and he will be here at the end of march! i was so happy, so on top of the world. unfortunately, that feeling didnt last long at all. right before rifle season, we had found out my fiance has placenta previa and is pretty much bed ridden, and isnt allowed to strain herself at all, or lift, or walk far, or do anything pretty much. (shes is doing the best she can be right now, and there has been no complications as of yet, thank god) so the idea of her getting her first buck, or deer went right out the window, as well as me being able to hunt as much as i planned for, and took off for.
i was still able to get out, more than i thought i would be able to honestly. my fiance saw how much i was wanting to hunt, but knew i wouldnt leave her alone, and i couldnt really because i was takling care of her, my step son, my father in law in a wheelchair, whos is paralyzed with one working arm, one foot, and two fingers on his good hand, 3 dogs, the house ect. i was able to shoot two deer, as well as a hog, but man did i work and get no sleep for them, so to say it was a success for me this year is an understatement. awesome, now we have a bunch of meat and can save some serious $, heck yes! at the beginning of december, i had finished a side job painting a gentlemen's interior, and as a tip with payment he had given me half a cow! i was so taken back, and felt so blessed, it was going to help me so much in these harder times right now.
fast forward to christmas, now our family literally NEVER goes away, or goes far, its difficult with my father in laws situation. this year was different though, we had already planned on driving up and seeing my family, where i am originally from (Pennsylvania). i had hired a nurse to stay with my f.i.l, and everything went super smooth. we got back home after the holidays, and everything was perfect, to good to be true, i knew with my luck that this just could not be possible lol
later that night, i decide i would like to take some deer meat out to make some jerkey, and marinate some back strap for the following night. i walk out to our garage, where our chest freezer and standalone freezer are located, and there is a big ol puddle all around the back room, freezer area of my garage. the ******* standalone freezer **** the bed, poped the circut board, and shut off my chest freezer as well. this must have all happened the day we left, because there was not one thing that could be saved from either of the freezers.
i literally got sick to my stomach, and wanted to cry. never have a experienced loosing this much in value in something that is not cheap. i put a lot of work in as well for all of that meat, as well as time, energy, blood, sweat, and tears. we lost 2 deer, a decent amount of pork, a lot of cow, and other meats, and animals that were given to us.
im not one to ask for handouts, or ever ask for help, or anything for free, but i really feel like i dont know what to do, and could really use some help. does anyone ever shoot hogs, that wouldnt mind donating a hog to me and my family? i will literally do all the work from gutting it, to processing it. or if anyone knows anyone that may be able to help me out with others that shoot hogs often? im also looking to try and get some more venison if possible as well, i know and understand people work hard for their deer meat, so i dont expect much help with that part. obviously meat from a cow is expensive, so im not expecting any help with that part. im willing to pay for it, barter, trade, do some work ect for any. if anyone from the odt family could help me out or point me in a good direction, or have any helpful insight, i would seriously greatly appreciate it! i know this is a long shot, but i dont know what else to do? this really hit us hard, effected us more than i thought it could even have, and its a lot of time and $ gone unfortunately. i appreciate everyone, and hope all is well, and i hope everyone had a good holiday season, and stays safe and healthy! god bless!

Damn brother I really hate this for you I’d really like to help out but I’m a long ways away from you. Seems your plate is full at the moment with family and I’ve been there (still am) it’s disheartening when bad things happen to good people. I shot a hog last week that I gave away, the wife and I are going deer hunting this weekend as I’ve only taken grandkids this year and they keep their meat themselves so we’ve got to get some for our freeze. I’d be willing to bet there’s someone close to you willing to help. I hope so! Good luck from here on and remember it’s not you it’s just s@@t happens!

There was a member on here that was giving away hogs that he shoots for customers. I think all you need to do is give him your number and he'll call when he has one. I can't find the post, so maybe someone else can chime in. Make a call to your insurance co. on all that meat. They may just pay a claim on it all.

There was a member on here that was giving away hogs that he shoots for customers. I think all you need to do is give him your number and he'll call when he has one. I can't find the post, so maybe someone else can chime in. Make a call to your insurance co. on all that meat. They may just pay a claim on it all.
i have his number, and am in line. thanks for commenting and trying to help though, i really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom