• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thompson Center Arms

Smith and Wesson bought TC some years ago. Smith a couple years ago put TC on the market
and refurbished equipment for S&W production. In short the Encore and Contender arent being
made right now as far as I know. There has been an effort by SSK to begin making new Contender
frames but not sure any have hit the public yet, many have been waiting for a number of years. As a TC
Contender and Encore fan I am steadily watching prices climb due to the stop of production. They are out there
but have seen some Encore rifles fetch close to if not over 1K. My suggestion is , if you want one and can find it used
in the caliber you are looking for and can get it around 750, I would buy it.

It is my understanding that Smith and Wesson could not find a buyer so they shut them down completely. I know there are no Thompson Center firearms available new from distributors, no longer even listed.

Smith and Wesson bought TC some years ago. Smith a couple years ago put TC on the market
and refurbished equipment for S&W production. In short the Encore and Contender arent being
made right now as far as I know. There has been an effort by SSK to begin making new Contender
frames but not sure any have hit the public yet, many have been waiting for a number of years. As a TC
Contender and Encore fan I am steadily watching prices climb due to the stop of production. They are out there
but have seen some Encore rifles fetch close to if not over 1K. My suggestion is , if you want one and can find it used
in the caliber you are looking for and can get it around 750, I would buy it.
Thanks for that. Appreciated. Actual information is a breath of fresh air on the ODT.

Back
Top Bottom