Thompson value needed

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
A friend is looking for a value on his Thompson, drum mag, stick mag and a case. His dealer says its worth 5k, I thought that sounded high.

Thanks

well if it is full auto...............16k and up, semi auto recent production $1200-$1800. And if it is one of the semi auto thompsons and the dealer will give him 5k--jump at it. Now we all know Gunbroker is not the tell all for gun values but is, in some ways, a tell all for HIGH gun asking prices. But this Thompson seems to be in the correct area of price. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=332513853

Last edited:
Is the dealer buyin'?

Let me know 'cause I have one he can buy and I even have extra stick mags.

5 Large for a Thompson? Really?

I dont think its worth 5k, thats why I wanted your input. Its a semi auto, just like the one Hayata has.

Thanks for your input. I'm goign to tell him that he should price it in the $1500 range.

I dont think its worth 5k, thats why I wanted your input. Its a semi auto, just like the one Hayata has.

Thanks for your input. I'm goign to tell him that he should price it in the $1500 range.

If its brand new, id say around that. USED.. not close. Around 1K. They can be had brand new without the drum for that.

If its brand new, id say around that. USED.. not close. Around 1K. They can be had brand new without the drum for that.

Drum plus case, plus stick mags adds to the value, IDK, may $1500 is high, but at least its in the right ballpark, as opposed to the $5k number he got from his broker. His broker obviosly misquoted a value, and is going to consign it for him, so what does she care if it doesnt sell.

I dont have any skin in this game, I'm not going to buy it, and he's just trying to figure out if he should it or keep it.

Drum plus case, plus stick mags adds to the value, IDK, may $1500 is high, but at least its in the right ballpark, as opposed to the $5k number he got from his broker. His broker obviosly misquoted a value, and is going to consign it for him, so what does she care if it doesnt sell.

I dont have any skin in this game, I'm not going to buy it, and he's just trying to figure out if he should it or keep it.
Could you get a little more info? There are several variants of the thompson. It could be like one other member said a limited run or something. If its really worth 5K im sure the dealer would had offered $2,500 and snagged it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom