Thoughts on a vector arms Uzi for an SBR?

Sr. Bill

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
49   0
Reaction score
I have been wondering about various possible models for an SBR project.

Any threaded aftermarket barrels available out there to suppress later?

Thoughts on better alternatives? Favorites

Thanks

You can get threaded barrels, but most sbr Uzi barrels are made so the can slides over the barrel and threads on the trunnion, replacing the barrel locking ring. Takes a subgun can or Uzi dedicated mount though.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I would get an mp5 clone sbr. The delayed roller lock action makes for a very quiet host.

You can get threaded barrels, but most sbr Uzi barrels are made so the can slides over the barrel and threads on the trunnion, replacing the barrel locking ring. Takes a subgun can or Uzi dedicated mount though.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I would get an mp5 clone sbr. The delayed roller lock action makes for a very quiet host.

best advice here. While the MP5 clones do cost a bit more they are much quieter than the uzi. The uzi allows a lot of gas to pop out the port. So its not as quiet as you might think. Unless its an open bolt uzi of course.

thanks. I think the mp5 clone is the new direction to look. Jake sometimes it takes a broken record several turns to get thru a hard, dense, thick skull.

Any favorites I should focus on? 9mm I think I prefer.

^^^This! But, stay away from the old Bobcats. You'll have to find someone who can work on MP5s to pull it apart, fit the parts, and slap it back together.

I got a threaded barrel from greenmountain when I SBR'd my Uzi just because it was the same price as non threaded. Just make sure you get the correct one as there are differences between full auto and semi barrels.

I agree with the thoughts above , although the Uzi is a great gun and has many redeeming features, I like the ergonomics and performance of the MP5 family. You have 2 routes to go for an SBR.. You can get an HK94 or clone and SBR it, it get a pistol and SBR it. I went the second route. Go over to HKPRO.COM. there are several builders there that are great builder. ghillie bear and Dakota Tactical( or something like that) are both very well respected builders. I have both an HK94 and an MP5 pistol clone SBR'd and they both function flawlessly and are nice an quiet with SS 9mm. I have a Gemtech Raptor and 3 lug barrels.. Both worth 100% with my sear...

I live in Atlanta if you ever want to meet at a range...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom