thoughts on buying used (open) pistol powder..

ocean_glocker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
140   0
Reaction score
Hey,
everyone, I have a few containers of powder that I have used but are 1/2 or 3/4 full and I have switched to a different caliber and/or powder. I know the rule of thumb is not to buy open powder, but I wanted to ask here before I posted them for sale.

thanks

I'm torn on this one; safety says be sure you know what's in the can, while the cheapskate part of me says that's some expensive fertilizer and we need to talk! Seriously, though, I would have to know/trust the seller and ask some specific questions about whether he personally opened the container and his reloading habits to satisfy myself. There's no way to test what's in the can, and you won't know if you're wrong until it's (potentially) too late!

If it were black powdeer or ffp fffp pyrodex, I'd take it and pour it down my cannon's barrel and shoot it up. Otherwise, I'd sprinkle it out on the garden or flower beds

It is hard to imagine that you can't just use it. Someone would likely buy it, but the hassel created by the questions in selling process, usually leads me to use it or toss it.

Back
Top Bottom