• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

All day
2017-08-06 20.27.11.jpg

Caught this little guy in our 1 acre neighborhood pond. Had seen some action down in the shaded area of the pond that has a bunch of plants. The bass are small here so I threw a 2" straight tail shad on a 1/16 jig head. On first retrieve a small bass attacked the jig and missed. I cast it again to see if I could get him and before I got back to where the smaller bass was this guy hammers it. This is about as big as they get in our little pond.

Fishy Fishy.jpeg

Caught this little guy in our 1 acre neighborhood pond. Had seen some action down in the shaded area of the pond that has a bunch of plants. The bass are small here so I threw a 2" straight tail shad on a 1/16 jig head. On first retrieve a small bass attacked the jig and missed. I cast it again to see if I could get him and before I got back to where the smaller bass was this guy hammers it. This is about as big as they get in our little pond.

View attachment 1274009
When I was living in South Carolina there was a small neighborhood pond right in front of my place. I could go out at night and have a blast catching bass that size for as long as I wanted. Then a damn gator got in the pond and no more bass.

View attachment 1274009

Has the pond been there for a while? If so, I would start keeping a few for dinner to cull out the smaller ones. The lake isn't healthy if all the bass are the same small size.

Back
Top Bottom