Thumbs up to Madrox and his giveaway goodies.

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay a couple of Sundays back I won the giveaway where Madrox was giving away an AK74 style muzzle break and a Magpul pistol grip. Well the package showed up today. I just got the parts installed. I have to say this goes a long way towards making my lowly WASR look better. I'm posting before and after pics below. I think it came out damn good.
This is the first and only Magpul accessory I've ever had. Didn't think much of their AR stuff. But this grip looks good on this rifle and it feels way better. The factory grip was skinny and kinda short. And the 74 style muzzle break is my personal favorite. It went on with no problem. But what's the reason for the left hand threads?

Anyway, here's to Madrox for a good giveaway on good useable stuff. Now I gotta get some furniture that don't look like used packing crate lumber.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
Looks good! So Romanians are short on wood, hunh? I think magpul has a solution for that too- although probably not for the Bakelite purist.
Well I like Bakelite mags but that's about it. I've looked at Tapco Timbersmith wood sets that are nice but pricey. Their side folders kinda suck but they're cheap enough. Then there's the triangle folder that looks the best but costs about $90.00 and requires a spring loaded hinge from another company that's about $60.00 more.
So what is the best stock route fora $550.00 WASR?

Well I like Bakelite mags but that's about it. I've looked at Tapco Timbersmith wood sets that are nice but pricey. Their side folders kinda suck but they're cheap enough. Then there's the triangle folder that looks the best but costs about $90.00 and requires a spring loaded hinge from another company that's about $60.00 more.
So what is the best stock route fora $550.00 WASR?

I'm going to have to go with a few blocks of wood for spacers and some glue. As they say in the aircraft business... Beat to fit and paint to match.

I'm going to have to go with a few blocks of wood for spacers and some glue. As they say in the aircraft business... Beat to fit and paint to match.
Yeah I don't mind so much the hand guards up front. I'm sure I could sand them down and refinish them to a satisfactory look. But even if I refinish the stock it will still look like it should be carried by some Pakistani school kid. Maybe I should just do the spacer between the stock and butt plate. That would be the cheapest rout but the least appealing.

Back
Top Bottom