Time for new tires, help needed.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
When I bought the truck it had 38x14.50x16s on in and scrubbed really bad when turning. So, I replaced w/ 37x12.50x16s because I couldn't find narrower w/o going shorter. I want as much height as possible to fill in the fender, but need narrower than 14.5 to be able to turn the wheels. I went from Pro Comps to Nitto Mud Grapplers. I do like an aggressive tread. What say you to get taller, but still be able to turn the wheel w/o getting all jacked up on the suspension.

I've thought about wheel spacers, but concerned w/ it weakening the whole wheel/tire thing. And, I don't particularly care for the tires sticking out that far. I guess I could get fender flares?

Anyone know of a tire maker that has narrow and tall tires w/ aggressive tread? To be fair, I haven't even began to look around this time.

Anyway of running your torsion keys up ? It will let you cheat and get some lift out of front, I know on Gm trucks.

Anyway of running your torsion keys up ? It will let you cheat and get some lift out of front, I know on Gm trucks.

I have no idea.

ETA: I have plenty of lift. It isn't the height that is the problem. It's the width. They don't scrub on the fenders, they scrub on the inside leaf springs.

Back
Top Bottom