Tips for flying with infant

Baby Einstein videos kept mine occupied for hours until he fell asleep.

When the pressure changes and her ears pop she’s going to cry and there’s not much you can do about it. A bottle may help a bit. A double screwdriver will help you a bit

Don’t give an ‘f’ what anyone else on the plane thinks. Kids cry, they’ll deal with it.

Usually not an issue. I have 3 kids, flying with my 10 month old at the end of the month. Keep some toys, give teething biscuits during climb and descent to give them something to chew on. Yogurt bites work well too. If you can chose a seat, back of the plane near the engines is usually a little noisier. The drone of the engines will help put them to sleep. Buy some new toys just for the flight. Give the baby lots of water or milk during the flight, you dry up quick up there, so will the child.

Try to keep the kid awake prior to getting to the airport. Sounds cruel but if they get on the plane tired, the more likely they are to pass out.

Learned from experience: Don't bring filled sippy-cups that have a straw inside. Pressure change will cause release of pressure when you open it in flight. But since they're sealed and the straw goes to the bottom of the cup, pressure will push contents out, under force! Open upside-down, if you have to (as little sense as that seems to make).

Back
Top Bottom