• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Today's Score

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Crosley Radio "Super 11"

Chassis 1117 manufactured in 1937

Gonna see if I can restore this.

Anyone have any serious hints?

I don't have any knowledge that would be the least bit useful... just wanted to say- sweet. In 4 resto pics.
Might be a while, I don't do a lot of wood work. Gonna try to get my wife to do the outside and I'll try to get it working on it.

Too late, LOL

When I was a kid I worked on stuff like this.

Pretty cool this worked on SW frequencies. Before a the AM dial was even standard.

Both AM and FM have moved around the dial over the years. Found info where it has "broadcast" and two shortwave bands.

image.jpeg
Both AM and FM have moved around the dial over the years. Found info where it has "broadcast" and two shortwave bands.
Used to sit in my garage listening to a short wave set that had been taken out of a WWII bomber.

Fond memories. Would have been about 1970. Should have seen my face when I found the frequency for the radio portion of the transatlantic phone cable! Some saucy language! LOL

View attachment 605694
Used to sit in my garage listening to a short wave set that had been taken out of a WWII bomber.

Fond memories. Would have been about 1970. Should have seen my face when I found the frequency for the radio portion of the transatlantic phone cable! Some saucy language! LOL

That would get you in trouble today, unless you work for the nsa...

Back
Top Bottom