• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

tomcat 3032 issue

coletrain

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
I got a Beretta Tomcat to see if my wife would like it. Previous owner over oiled it. I cleaned it and added some pretty wood grips. The safety has a small spring and detent pin that pops out in order to raise the safety up out of the way and slip the grip under it. I did that and re-installed the spring and pin. The safety clicked on and off just fine. I fired a mag with no problems. She fired half a mag and had a FTF. The slide wouldnt rack and the trigger would not pull. It seems the safety was stuck upward somehow. I managed to get it unstuck but the trigger does not work anymore. As in you pull the trigger and it goes all the way back without causing the hammer to move/fire. You can manually cock the hammer and fire. Strange. I was thinking the safety somehow got stuck due to the spring being gooey from too much oil but that dosent explain the trigger not working anymore.

Can anyone make any suggestion as to what is wrong? Does anyone know a gunsmith in Cumming that works on Berettas? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes its the linkage to the trigger that should be on the side, but partially under the grip. If its not being pushed into the side of the gun it can cause that problem. My crimson trace grips did something similar.

Back
Top Bottom