Revolver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Josey Wales

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
Have my mother's revolver, its an almost 20 year old Taurus 22 Magnum. Took outside plate off to thoroughly clean, have done it to other revolvers in the past. It had a gritty trigger pull before I took apart. After the plate was removed, had one loose part just hanging out. no idea where it goes. Thinking I need somebody a little more knowledgeable on revolvers. Cylinder is now free spinning and won't lock up. Anybody in Northwest GA can help? Gunsmiths? I can pay. My mother has a loaner pistol from me while I have this poor little thing.

Attachments

• 20230812_162502 (1).png
    20230812_162502 (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20230814_221249.jpg
    20230814_221249.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 32
Uh, yeah….I think you need to take that to a really experienced and competent professional gunsmith and let them see if it can be put back correctly or if any parts are needed.
My advice would be to box/pkg the whole thing up and send it to Taurus.
That is what I would do.
Good luck !!

Have my mother's revolver, its an almost 20 year old Taurus 22 Magnum. Took outside plate off to thoroughly clean, have done it to other revolvers in the past. It had a gritty trigger pull before I took apart. After the plate was removed, had one loose part just hanging out. no idea where it goes. Thinking I need somebody a little more knowledgeable on revolvers. Cylinder is now free spinning and won't lock up. Anybody in Northwest GA can help? Gunsmiths? I can pay. My mother has a loaner pistol from me while I have this poor little thing.
Roy King in Adairsville is one of the best and very reasonable. (770) 773-3548

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom