Too Nice To Shoot?

Is this too nice to shoot?

• Yes

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • I would cover with mud & grit & give it a torture test - check reliability under adverse conditions

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Here is one I bought to shoot but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I thought to heck with it and sold it.
5.jpg

Shoot that thang mane! I have a Python I bought many years ago that was NIB & never fired, kept it as a safe queen for a couple of years till I just couldn't stand it anymore and took it out and put 6 rounds though it. It's been a safe queen ever since, at least till I can't stand it anymore and take it out and shoot it again. Lol!

I have a nickel 586 that I should shoot more often. So purdy! Not sure why I'm afraid of the nickel finish.

Oh, and I have a M1D that I wasn't going to shoot and the other day I realized that didn't make much sense so next CMP range day...

I've always wanted to buy one of those $2,000 limited edition guns that you see in magazine adds. I want to buy one and then shoot and use it till it's covered with "character" marks.

No such thing! I have a pair of Colt SAA's, one with ivory grips and gold appointments. I shoot them both and used to compete with them regularly in Cowboy Action Shooting.

Nice 617! I'm looking for a 4" K-frame .22LR myself.

Good thing about stainless Smith's is they clean up real well with a little work after shooting. Nickel and blue Vintage Smith's are a different story. If you collect vintage revolvers as a hobby AND an investment, your piece will lose value with each additional increment of a turn line. That said, I have never fired most of my revolvers but I love shooting the stainless ones.

Back
Top Bottom