• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tourist submarine on expedition to Titanic wreck goes missing

I wonder how rich you can be to spend $250,000 for something you can see on your TV...

Let’s say that I make an average salary. When I spend $2,500 on a nice trip to Disney with my kids that is a special trip for me.

The comparable $250,000 trip for a rich mother****er is 100x more expensive.

I can imagine they make about 100x more money than I do. Sounds reasonable?

I wonder how rich you can be to spend $250,000 for something you can see on your TV...
I had a "personal viewing" of the movie Titanic on my 75" UHD TV last weekend, I invited 12 folks and made a quick $3,000,000.
Of course I threatened to put them in a pressure cooker :doh: & then drown them, but they all paid and got to see a mediocre movie. :)

Let’s say that I make an average salary. When I spend $2,500 on a nice trip to Disney with my kids that is a special trip for me.

The comparable $250,000 trip for a rich mother****er is 100x more expensive.

I can imagine they make about 100x more money than I do. Sounds reasonable?
What doesn’t seem reasonable is pissing away $2500 to see a cartoon rat.

They found out what happened. The sub had a malfunction and began to decend much faster than it was supposed to. The heavy frame wouldn't detach to allow them an emergency ascent. They heard a bunch of crackling noises(happened several times before) just before the sub imploded

Oh this would have been a real selling point! All sarcasm intended!
"...he jumped at the chance, paying $110,000 for a dive in 2019 that fell through when the first submersible didn’t survive testing."

Uh....screws me.....screws me.....whut happin' to dat 1st submersible????

With this new tech age you can go places never even thought of before and never leave your chair. It cost almost nothing. And the view is almost as good as if you were there. The tech age has brought you the world at your fingertips. You can dream it up, you have access to it. Almost like traveling is a thing of the past

With this new tech age you can go places never even thought of before and never leave your chair. It cost almost nothing. And the view is almost as good as if you were there. The tech age has brought you the world at your fingertips. You can dream it up, you have access to it. Almost like traveling is a thing of the past
eh? nothing compares to touching, hearing, smelling, or seeing / learning firsthand not mention you can't feel an atmosphere of any geographic area through a picture/video ................

eh? nothing compares to touching, hearing, smelling, or seeing / learning firsthand not mention you can't feel an atmosphere of any geographic area through a picture/video ................
I guess I've experienced the elements enough to have a clue. Because I can sit there and almost taste it. I've spent most of my life outside in lots of places

Back
Top Bottom