Toyota mechanic advise.....2015 RAV 4

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Took my car above to a local dealer today for 30K checkup/oil change and mentioned that I had an issue with the computer mapping for the transmission, that when at 50 mph or so, and I stepped on it to swing out to pass, there was a lag. Engine will rev immediately, but trans lags, but then grabs and pulls, but sort of lurches doing it....not smoothly like I think it should. Mechanic blew some smoke up my ass saying that the car "was learning the way I drive and self-programming itself and it might take some time". I think he just didn't want to mess with it since it was under warranty, and would stall until it gets worse and is OUT of warranty so they can jump in my wallet.

I had a similar issue with my 07 PT Cruiser, took it to Hayes in Lawrenceville, and they fixed it, in about 15 minutes, for free and I never had a problem again. I think the Toyota mechanic was.....full of ****, too lazy and didn't want to mess with it, an effing crook.

What say you???

Not all dealers,service managers,or techs are created equal

Get a second opinion,or third,or fourth until YOU are satisfied

As far as documentation goes,you may want to start a claim/complaint by calling Toyota Corporate/Customer Relations are and start the investigation process

I havea 2014 RAV4 and just received a letter about a warranty enhancement pertaining to "torque converter shutter"

If you floor it, put it to the floor.
If you did floor it, floor it more often.

Some people can't drive an automatic.
Help it out by picking a nice uphill stretch and leave it to the floor.
Learn that bitch.

Back
Top Bottom