• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade section suggestion

15   0
Reaction score
Would it be possible to put the location of the person posting in the listings page on the classifieds section? We have a 'title/thread starter', a 'replies/views' and a 'last post' column, but I think it would be helpful to also have a 'location' column.
Just a suggestion!:)

I think this would be neat if it could be done and still keep the listing page clean looking. Sometimes I'll consider a gun I hadn't thought of just because its local

Would it be possible to put the location of the person posting in the listings page on the classifieds section? We have a 'title/thread starter', a 'replies/views' and a 'last post' column, but I think it would be helpful to also have a 'location' column.
Just a suggestion!:)

I completely agree but it just isn't an easy thing to do. There are quite a few things I would like to add, I just can't afford to do them at this time. As the site grows and we get some more advertisers/donations I will be looking at improving the entire listing process. That will entail paying a programmer to build it for me, which I imagine will cost a few dollars.

Occasionally I get lucky and find pre-made modifications for things I want to add, like the itrader system.

Once I have recouped my initial investment I will start dumping any additional funds into improving the site. I believe I am about half way there with the donations, shirt sales, and advertisements I have gotten so far.

To be honest adding something like this wouldn't be too difficult. It really depends on the board itself and how it's database is laid out. All you would need to do is find the right .tpl file and print the location from the users profile to the new column. I keep telling you that I am a PHP Programmer so simple tasks liek these could not be that big of an issue. =P

I think the only issue would be that you'll need a different template for the sales category. If you edit the template to have the location shown in one category it will do it in all of them.

Does VB allow you to assign different templates to different categories?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom