Trader Syndrome

It's all about the excitement that goes with it. Kids get excited whent they are told about going to the toy store, for ODT'iers it begins with hours of browsing, countless pm's, setting up the meet, meeting and talking to new and nice folks,taking that new deal home or sending it to a new home. As soon as as the meet if over what do you do? Click on the ODT app again, and the cycle continues. I call it hobby.

And some people love to do a deal. I recently bought a gun from a guy who was ecstatic to chase a deal all day and "profit" $50 on it. My time is worth more than that and I couldn't turn a profit on a gun if I found it on the sidewalk, "like new in box"....

It's amazing to me that people don't take into account what their own "time" is worth much less the other persons. I guess the "rush" they get from playing barter kings must cloud their judgement. My grandfather taught me at a young age not to get emotionally invested in negotiations, if you do you'll leave money on the table.

Do you ever buy firearms you don't want, don't like and have no intention of ever loading ammo in it much less firing it? Just because you "think" you can trade it for something you do like. I suppose that is stage II ODTS.

Yes, especially with Glocks. They are excellent trade fodder.

Back
Top Bottom