trades,purchases.

I like to drive , I've drove long ways a few times cause I get bored and I do 90% of my meets on Fridays while im off. Me an my 11MPG Heavy Chevy take the country roads haha. But I've had a few that had to come close because of other things goin on so it just depends.

Same here...I'm new to GA (moved here last Nov.) and I work remote from my home...so I like getting out and driving. Furthest I've driven was Gainesville from Smyrna. I loved the countryside and meeting people, seeing new things.

Kind of depends on how bad I want to buy it and/or how bad I need to sell it! I try to meet somewhere in the middle if I'm buying... if I'm selling, it depends on the price.
This answers the question every time, want it sold bad enought then you will drive. Don't care if you sell it you probably won't start the car! LOL

Thankfully I live in a pretty ODT-heavy area. I usually don't have to travel past Lawrenceville (going south) or Dawsonville/Cumming (going West) to make a swap.

I have no problem driving for the right deal. But if thy are new or have neg feedback I probably won't drive far. I've driven 2hours one way for a deal before

Living in south nowhere is always an issue. I don't mind driving halfway for most trades. If I am going to be there for another reason in a couple of days or weeks that is always an option. I have had people drive to me in certain trades mainly to see the countryside. The ones that burn me are "I'll take it" then they say, I will not drive outside of 285. There is life (good or bad) outside of 285. They have access to a map and can see where I live, I usually post it in the ad just to help. Over the years on ODT I have met some of the nicest people in the world. My wife calls them "my family". However, in the last few months I have run into more rearends than in all the first several years on here. They will refuse to travel and lowball your bottom dollar. It has forced me to be ruder than I enjoy being about things. SORRY FOR THE RANT, got started and could not quit.

Ive had ppl come to my house and I have been to ppl's homes and Ive drove 2 hrs to make a meet...just depends on several variables. There is no right or wrong, just what 2 ppl can agree on.

I don't mind driving for the right deal, driven over an hour before. Like has been said on here, driving is also a bargaining chip. If I have to drive from here (nine miles from Alabama line) and its well over half way, the price needs to drop. Halfway is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom