Trail cams

I put in a new feeder and looks like both my trail cams are nonfunctional. I didn't use them last year so may not have been working then. My questions is are the new cellular trail cams worth the money or stick to old fashioned ones. We are down in Woodbury and there is not great cell reception in a lot of the area. To change out the SD cards, it is a 40 minute drive each way and about a 300 yard one way walk to the camera location with the old fashioned ones. Looking for some input since I know there are some bruisers on our property.
Been useing spy point for years! They sux!
Verizon coverage is fabulous!
Picture quality sucks!
Malware film ware SD cards have to be updated constantly sucks big hairy balls!
Not really a trade-off but every time I have to drive 150 miles one way to retrieve a camera or to put a new SD card in I called them and tell them the red light on the back of the camera is on which means the camera is not functioning correctly they send me a new one even though it’s the same old piece of ****, this is the only way I can feel like they’re not totally ****ing me!
So whatever you do stay away from spypoint ! Only have recent nighttime pictures no daytime pictures from Alabama property

Attachments

• 25CAD57C-1513-4C57-8FD0-178451E9C3FB.jpeg
    25CAD57C-1513-4C57-8FD0-178451E9C3FB.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 63E09F09-5CD0-40C8-8ADD-5AAE8BC713F7.jpeg
    63E09F09-5CD0-40C8-8ADD-5AAE8BC713F7.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 9
If you don't want to pony up the cash for a spartan I recommend a tactacam reveal. Just make sure you get a 32gb class 10 u3 SD card. Tactacam recommends the SanDisk extreme pro.

They take really good pictures.
e46042ba-3373-411f-a4e9-bc3991b1da5a.jpg

Do you get videos also for 14 dollars a month?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
A great question I don’t know , video drains the battery so I have not tried. I had a nice six pointer in late August last year fill my card and drain the batteries in a Moultrie that was not connected
i Will check.

i checked
negative it appears that video is saved to card only.

A great question I don’t know , video drains the battery so I have not tried. I had a nice six pointer in late August last year fill my card and drain the batteries in a Moultrie that was not connected
i Will check.

i checked
negative it appears that video is saved to card only.
I have mine set for pic/video. It takes both but I have it set to send pictures. If I see a interesting pic I will request a video and it will send it. That saves battery life. I also made external battery boxes anyway for all of them. They last about 4 months depending on the amount of activity. My new live view is just awesome. I can watch real-time video whenever I want.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom