• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Treasure Hunting - Metal Detectors

Here's what we use...highly recommended LOL

The company I work for is a contractor to the Corps of Engineers and we clear munitions sites. This is the latest in technology (MetalMapper 2x2) for conducting "metal detecting" or geophysical mapping. This puppy records data on three axis over an item and compares the data to a library, allowing us with a high degree of accuracy to tell if it is an intact munition, piece of a munition, or trash. From there, if it is trash or small munitions debris we don't dig it up.

Not meaning to get off topic - just wanted to show you one of the commercial applications where "metal detection" is used. Typically this monster doesn't come to every site - for those we're using everything from schondstedt utility locators, whites, modified minelabs, and more sophisticated but man-portable instruments.

Metal detecting is a great sport! Even though I'm involved with it for a living, it's still fun to see what my teams are digging up! (well, some digs are more exciting than others!)

Attachments

• metalmapper 2x2.png
    metalmapper 2x2.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 62
Theres a few old home sites at a couple different places and 1 place thats only about a mile and a half from kennesaw mountain with trench lines going thru it. I'm betting we find some cool stuff!
In for what you find!
I work right around the corner from the park and am always keeping my eyes open. I haven't found anything yet but would love to see you pull something out of the ground.

Back
Top Bottom