Tried out a new pistol

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
A friend recently purchased a $380 brand spankin' new Ruger SR9c 9mm at Adventure Outdoors. First off, I am definintely not a fan of Ruger...I think there are waaay too many guns out there that cost just a smidge more and deliver a much better quality product. That was until I tried out the SR9c. First off, this thing actually fits a human sized and shaped hand unlike their "P" series bricks (I mean guns). It is thin, and has fantastic windage and elevation adjustable sights that are precise and very durable. The gun is small enough for a normal sized dude to conceal, and shoot very well at the range. The accuracy surprised me most of all. Golf ball sized groups witht he occasional human induced flier at 10-20 yards.

In short, I was very pleasantly surprised with the build quality, accesories, fit/finish, and accuracy of this little sub $400 gun. I never thought I would recommend one, but If you have a $400 budget and want a quality new auto, take a look at the SR9c.

Last edited:
A great gun. I have one. Enjoy yours. There are others out there that cost a lot more but are not any better than the Ruger SR9c.

^Well, I would NOT say that there aren't any better, but I could not identify an area in which the Ruger could be a liability. Accuracy, build quality, percieved durability, ergonomics, it adequately checked all of the boxes and did so for few dollars.

Last edited:
Definitely a big improvement over the P- series. We've had several of these come through our classes & they have all worked well.
The bottom of the slide will "bite" you if you don't hold your hand correctly on the backstrap or if you "ride" the slide when racking the slide.
Overall, it does seem to be a nice gun with much improved ergos & operator controls.
Leaner lines than the older models too.
Some of the students sort of apologized for it not being a Glock & I told them, "Who cares as long as it's reliable & you like it?"
I agree with you, it's a pretty good value & reliable as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, no problem. I don't know if I would choose one over a Glock, or CZ but maybe, especially if I were trying to stretch my $$$. You can get the Ruger and 850 rounds of 115gr FMJ's for the price of a Glock.

Back
Top Bottom