• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trolling Motor Issue

LTE

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
16   0
Reaction score
I think my trolling motor is going out. Specially the motor itself.

Reason I say this is because I've got good connection from the battery to the plug and everything in the foot controller ohms out as well.

I took the prop off and cleaned any fishing line out of the it as well, and I still can't get it to run.

Is it possible to replace the motor itself or better to replace the entire unit?

get your battery checked just in case. and probably cheaper to buy a new one then have it serviced. getting anything to do with boats serviced is expensive fo sho! unless your under warranty lol. and i think bass pro should have their fishing sale soon.

If you have a multimeter start at the motor head and verify that you have correct current to the brushes. If correct voltage is to the brushes a lower rebuild kit for a Milkota is 30 to 50 dollars depending on model. If correct voltage is not going to the brushes start backtracking through the harness and switches until you find the failed connection. It is unlikely that you need a new motor head.

I got the motor to run for a second and then it stopped. That's why I'm wondering if the motor burned up. Semi, it's an 09 model, I bought it from the original owner (and he bought it new from Bass Pro)

If you have a multimeter start at the motor head and verify that you have correct current to the brushes. If correct voltage is to the brushes a lower rebuild kit for a Milkota is 30 to 50 dollars depending on model. If correct voltage is not going to the brushes start backtracking through the harness and switches until you find the failed connection. It is unlikely that you need a new motor head.
x 2. a simple test light will work as well.

Back
Top Bottom