Trouble with neighbors dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravic

Army Icon
Bit odd innit
309   0
Reaction score
I'm having problems with larger boxer that are idiot neighbors can't seem to keep locked up. The dog has charged at me, my wife, and my brother in law. Animal control has been contacted numerous times and they have yet to talk to the owner or make any efforts. Besides waiting to see it in my yard and end the dog, what other options do I have.
Thanks.

The dog has charged at me, my wife, and my brother in law. /QUOTE]

Not sure what this means. He stayed in his yard and moved towards you some? Chased you into your car, and jumped on the hood snarling and slobbering?
Have *you* tried talking to your neighbors? I'd be a lot more receptive if my neighbor talked to me about a problem before they called law enforcement. Like the time the lady called the sheriff because my dog was "following her" while she walked back and forth in front of my house (wagging his tail).

Some dogs are vicious and aggressive and will leave their property to harm individuals. Most just feel protective of their family and will bark or display other defensive behavior towards strangers. Boxers are very protective of their families.

Talk to the owner. Make friends with the dog.
More bad owners than bad dogs.
If that doesn't work, use some pepper spray.

Talk with your neighbors and assure them that the next time you feel like your family is in danger the dog will be shot with Bear Mace
I have not spoken with them yet, I know I need to. Biggest problem is I'm on 2nd shift and the guy is apparently on
1st and can never seem to catch him home. But that is no excuse I'm going to have to make time to because I'm not sending my wife over there to talk to some random guy.

The dog has charged at me, my wife, and my brother in law. /QUOTE]

Not sure what this means. He stayed in his yard and moved towards you some? Chased you into your car, and jumped on the hood snarling and slobbering?
Have *you* tried talking to your neighbors? I'd be a lot more receptive if my neighbor talked to me about a problem before they called law enforcement. Like the time the lady called the sheriff because my dog was "following her" while she walked back and forth in front of my house (wagging his tail).

Some dogs are vicious and aggressive and will leave their property to harm individuals. Most just feel protective of their family and will bark or display other defensive behavior towards strangers. Boxers are very protective of their families.

Talk to the owner. Make friends with the dog.
More bad owners than bad dogs.
If that doesn't work, use some pepper spray.
yes the dog has charged my wife while she was walking from the mailbox and charged me snarling while I walked out my basement door, and my brother in law while he exited his truck. I'm just terrified for my daughters sake because she was bit by my neighbors dog in south ga that was supposed good dog.

We've had multiple boxers and I've been around countless others. I've never met a 'mean' one. Without seeing it, he may just be doing his job (protecting his territory and letting you know who rules it) or he might be a problem. If he's come onto YOUR property, yep, that's a problem. We've got the same issue with two American Bulldogs. The difference is animal control has been called and come out multiple times. Nothing has changed despite the owner getting some heavy citations. It took a great twist a while back when the owners son was involved in a shooting in a drug deal gone bad. "Bad" dogs generally have bad owners. Neighborhoods are awesome....
All of that was probably completely useless except to say... I feel your pain. I haven't yet brought myself to take lethal action and I sincerely hope I never regret it.

Edit, just read your last post. Call the Sherriff's office if animal control won't respond and ask them what you are supposed to do.

A nice hand written note should communicate very well
I have not spoken with them yet, I know I need to. Biggest problem is I'm on 2nd shift and the guy is apparently on
1st and can never seem to catch him home. But that is no excuse I'm going to have to make time to because I'm not sending my wife over there to talk to some random guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom