• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tru Fire Hardcore Max Release

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
Anyone else using one of these? I picked one up this morning at Bass Pro and thought I would give it a shot. I've been shooting a dual caliper Tru Fire but thought it was time for an upgrade. I'll give a review on it later when I get to sling a few arrows with it.

it's a nicer release for sure compared to my other one but it's causing me to shoot about 4 inches left for some weird reason. It's smooth and quiet but I'm not sure my groups are any tighter with it. it might be going back to bass pro....Don't fix it if it ain't broke i reckon

it's a nicer release for sure compared to my other one but it's causing me to shoot about 4 inches left for some weird reason. It's smooth and quiet but I'm not sure my groups are any tighter with it. it might be going back to bass pro....Don't fix it if it ain't broke i reckon

the release longer longer than your last one? i had that problem at first when i went to t-handles.

from what I measured, from the strap to the claw is set at the same length. Who knows. just not enough improvement to justify the $100 bucks

To me, I think those are a lot of hype. The dual caliper releases have a swoop that allows the string to pivot inside anyway, so allowing the head to pivot really ads nothing but another element to the equation to get complicated. I have a truefire release with the fold back ring that I really like shooting, but see no advantage to the new hardcore one. and if it's immediately making you shoot left, then it's probably going to take some tweaking of your form to get consistently back on target and with season upon us - that's not a game I'd play right now. just my .02

Back
Top Bottom