• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Truck parking lot as a business? Educate me

Looks to like you have a pretty well thought out business plan.

I'm not in the business, but the few truck parking yards around here seem to be full all the time. The key seems to be to be near a distribution center of some kind.

As far as "demand" you don't need to live where there is a HOA. Most cities prohibit on the street parking, and the truckers aren't going to tear up their own driveways. I get a sense that's where a lot of the business originates.

While a lot of the amenities sound like a good idea, I'd steer away from anything that could be broken, or requires maintenance.

A row of Porta-potties, and let that company worry about where it all goes.

Make a deal with a company to do washing.

I'd revisit the gravel idea with Fulton County. Around here, the big push is for permable surfaces, to cut down on run off. Fulton Industrial is right on the Chattachoochee, you'd think they would be sensitive to that.

Id probably do some research on trucker forums without giving away too much info about location.

I bet those guys would be a good resource.

You underestimate how cheap truckers and trucking companies are. You also have no services vs. $20 to stay at Petro or $7 for a tractor only.

I wouldn't be looking at this business at all if I didn't hear there was so much unmet demand. Is there availability at the prices you quoted?

I wouldn't be looking at this business at all if I didn't hear there was so much unmet demand. Is there availability at the prices you quoted?

You can look at Petro availability online. When I looked there were 13 spots open. You can go to the Petro website and go through the motions to make a reservation to see how many spots they have open.

Back
Top Bottom