Trust address question

wnchstrtnfldvlle

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
I will be closing on my new house on the 7th of August. Would there be any issues with me starting the trust now, using that address, and then waiting until the day of closing to send of the paperwork to SBR a lower that I already own?
I was going to use that link Okuma Steve provided and go through the lawyer. I would just like to get ahead of the game.

Thanks for any info.

One alibi. Mmy address now is in ft mitchell, alabama. I am technically a resident of GA due to be stationed at Ft. Benning though.

That's getting into some legal stuff. If you're paying the lawyer to write up the trust, he should be able to answer all that for you. Sorry I can't be more help but that is getting into some complex residency issues.

That's tough, but I wouldn't do the form 1 till after you've closed on the house, since that stamp goes back to the address you put on the form. If you don't get the house for some reason.....do you want your stamp sent there?

BUT I would also think that you could have the trust drawn up now and not have it notarized till then, until it's notarized its just paper.

Not sure I am clear on what you are talking about, but are you just worried about an address on the Trust? Because unless things have changed, you should only have the county listed on the trust, no address.

Ok. I wasn't sure. I definitely won't do the form 1 until I am moved in. I just wanted to see if I could do the trust now while waiting. With my schedule at work it takes a long time to get paperwork done.

I guess I am basically asking if I can put any address on the trust? And have it set up now. Like he said if it isn't notarized it shouldn't really matter, correct?

Well unless things have changed, I do not see why your address would need to be on the trust. Obviously check with the lawyer, but I think you are ok starting the trust which should not take long to do anyway. Regarding the Form 1, you should definitely wait. Plus you will need to engrave your city, state, along with trust name, on the lower.

A trust isn't registered to an address but registered to the county and state. If you move within county, it'll be fine to start now but if you're moving different county, your lawyer can make the trust in your new county and start the process. You'll be moved in by time it's approved.

Back
Top Bottom