Tumbler media...what do ya'll like

Great info guys. Thanks a lot.
I been reloading for 35 plus years, since I was 11 or 12. I never used anything to clean my brass till about a year ago. And now, I wouldn't have it any other way but to clean. I have rounded up every piece of brass I own and polished it up. Makes great looking reloads. Expecially on the big stuff like 45/70, 444 and 458 Win mag brass.

again, thanks for all the great info.
Happy Loading
PA

This 45-70 brass is over 25 years old. But looks new.

ammo.jpg

Last edited:
im rocking the lyman tuff nut for now. when i have the space im going rotary w/ stainless.

stainless will not work in a vibratory tumbler, the pins need to roll around the in the solution to loosen schmutz. vibratory tumblers are run dry, running wet doesnt work well.

I prefer 20/40 corn. I am not in the "shiny competition" and my cases are not encrusted in mud. Nothing else is needed, except a few strips of paper towels to pick up dust (this is REALLY important if you use walnut).
Remember, cleaning cases is the least significant step in reloading and there is no rational reason to spend a lot of time or money on it.

I use Kaytee Walnut Bird Litter from pet smart about $1 a lb and Nu Finish car polish. Cheap and works great.. Use about 1 cap full per tumbler load.. Make sure you put the nu finish in the tumbler and tumble about 10 minutes to mix before you put your brass in the tumbler.

I use corn from Walmart...cheap and effective. Sometimes I use a little flitz in there if I want the brass extra shiny...but the corn will do the job by itself.

Back
Top Bottom