• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tumbler noise. Rotary vs vibratory

You can clean just about anything in them.

You just need to verify that you are using the appropriate solution.

There are lots of you tube videos about using them.

I would say that they work alot better than dry media vibratory tumblers, and not quite as well as stainless steel rotary tumblers. They are more quiet than either.

I do not want to say that it will definitely work well on your can, but I think it would. Just call the can maker and ask.

Let me start right off the bat... I know the rotary tumblers with the stainless pins work better then the old corn cob shaker.

Here's my problem: I live in a condo and want the quietest possible cleaning solution because I don't want to advertise that I have an ammo factory in my guest bedroom.

I currently use a vibratory tumbler placed in a cardboard box. It does cut down the noise quite a bit.

I'm hoping you guys will tell me the rotary is quieter so I can go that route. Share your experiences with me
Set the box on a pillow.

Let me start right off the bat... I know the rotary tumblers with the stainless pins work better then the old corn cob shaker.

Here's my problem: I live in a condo and want the quietest possible cleaning solution because I don't want to advertise that I have an ammo factory in my guest bedroom.

I currently use a vibratory tumbler placed in a cardboard box. It does cut down the noise quite a bit.

I'm hoping you guys will tell me the rotary is quieter so I can go that route. Share your experiences with me
Move

They are all noisy. I use a sonic as well but it isn’t a replacement for a quality tumbler. Work on noise suppression. The better tumblers don’t make much noise just running by it self it’s the brass that is noisy. A box with something to line it or go ahead and purchase some acoustic foam panels. Not cheap but it works

I think my lyman rotary is way quieter than my Frankford vibratory. Condos are better insulated than apts. Put it on a countertop and let her rip.

If the vibratory tumbler works for you, why replace it. If you need to cut down some more on the noise, get yourself some ridged foam insulation and pad the box.

By the way a capful of nufinish car wax in a vibratory tumbler gets those brass real shiny. I use a 50/50 walnut/corn cob media mix.

If the vibratory tumbler works for you, why replace it. If you need to cut down some more on the noise, get yourself some ridged foam insulation and pad the box.

By the way a capful of nufinish car wax in a vibratory tumbler gets those brass real shiny. I use a 50/50 walnut/corn cob media mix.

I was interested in the rotary because I recently got some brass that was ran though one and it looked much better than the brass through my tumbler. But also, if it was more quiet, then I would give it a shot. I will definitely try the blend with the Walnut and add the nufinish.

I probably am going to get the ultrasonic to clean my future suppressor. 6 months in!

Back
Top Bottom